Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:48 AM, Trueman said:

Yeah he probably is the second best SG ever. There isn’t a ton of competition. Maybe Jerry West , but Kobe’s better. Hell, even D-Wade might be number 4.

I just don’t like Kobe as a player, I think he’s top 15. Hakeem needs to be in there , for me.

Here’s my top 10 :

1) Jordan

2) Lebron 

3) Hakeem

4) Bird

5) Magic 

6) Duncan

7) Wilt

8) Kareem

9) Shaq

10) Reggie Miller ... just kidding it’s Russell

Sorry, but I don't take any list serious without Julius Erving on it.

I know he may be a big stat stuffer but he was Air Jordan before Jordan was.  His ball skills were as good as anyone's in the ABA or the NBA. Had he played his whole career in the NBA he would make a lot more of these list IMO.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:25 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would definitely say Jordan, Kobe, West, and Wade are the Top 4 SG's ever. Reggie may actually be #5. I consider Big O a PG. Steph Curry is technically a PG as well.

Here's my list:

1. Jordan - The GOAT, 6 Championships, 6 Finals MVP's, 5 League MVP's, and 10 time Scoring Champ!

2. Magic - Made the Finals 9 times in 12 seasons. Won MVP of the Finals his Rookie season. Won 5 Championships and is the all-time leader in NBA history in Assist average per season at 11.2. To me he is the Greatest Leader in NBA history.

3. Kareem - Won 6 Championships, won 6 League MVP's, is the NBA's all-time leading Scorer.

4. Bird - Won 3 Championships, Great leader, and Great pure Shooter!

5. Wilt - His statistics are video game material, he also won 2 Championships with 2 different teams. 100 Points in 1 game lmao 

6. Kobe - Won 5 Championships, 2 without Shaq. This guy to me is closest thing we will ever to see to Jordan as a SG goes. 81 Points in 1 game!

7. Duncan - Greatest PF ever, but he was a Center as well. He won 5 Championships.

8. Shaq - Won 3 straight Finals MVP's, only other player in NBA history to do so was Jordan.

9. LeBron is at 9 for me - Don't think that is a dis. Every player I have listed above LeBron has won more Championships except Bird and Wilt. Bird has the same amount. Those players I have above him were just as dominant at their positions as well. LeBron = best player in this decade so he is Top 10 automatically.

10. Russell - Russell had the Championships with 11 and was a Great Leader, Great Defensive player, and Great Rebounder. His Offensive liabilities hurt him in my ratings but cant keep him off the Top 10.

Honorable Mentions: Hakeem and Big O.

at Crazy Colt, Here was my list but I am basing it on NBA play only. This is my 10 best NBA players with 2 Honorable Mentions. Julius Erving does make my Top 20 regarding NBA play. Now if you factor in ABA and NBA yes he is Top 10 of all-time. He was probably the best ABA player of all-time.

-Another topic, LeBron is a Great player/Great athlete and best player of this decade but no way is he #2. People at ESPN push this on people and people just buy into it because it's the now thing. The 8 guys I have in front of him were better, JMO. I guess that is what makes the world go around = different opinions.

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hopefully we can take advantage of their injuries and steal a W.

Even Draymond Green is now doubtful to play. They could be without their entire starting lineup except Zaza. This would be a bad loss road game or not.

Mark may get his wish, we may end up playing the Cavs in Round 1. Philly has the easiest schedule in the league and may finish 3rd. It may end up Cavs 4 and Pacers 5. Cavs are getting destroyed by Miami tonight. I hope if we play the Cavs we can steal that 4 spot and get HCA vs them if that ends up being the matchup. I still don't like the idea of playing against one of the Top 10 players of all-time and best player today in the 1st Round. If we do, we do oh well. All the pressure would be on them.

18 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Well we're playing like trash so far.

I don't get the slow starts against bad teams? GS is technically a Bad team without their 4 best players. At this point, I really don't care if we finish 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th. It really doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things. The most important thing is being 100% healthy going into the Playoffs and just getting any one of those Seeds. I just don't want to face the Cavs in Round 1 but if it happens, it happens.

-Maybe Nate McMillan secretly told the guys to tank so we can end up 7th and play Boston lmao since Irving probably wont play in Round 1. I am just joking because the Heat and Bucks are pretty far behind us.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

6-0 run and we're up 74-70...

I know this game isn't crucial to our survival but we're playing their bench..I;d hoped for a little more

Me too. I think if we lose this game it would be embarrassing considering they are playing their bench guys. No way should we lose this game. We have played lazy all game is why it's close.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We got away with playing like massive crap tonight. Luckily they didn't have their main guys. I will take it though, we are only .5 behind the Cavs now. Cavs are 44-30, we are 44-31. Philly is 43-30, so we are basically tied with them. We have the tiebreaker over both of those teams by the way.

The 76ers schedule is really easy the rest of the way...but they could blow a couple.

Kevin Love got his face smashed up tonight and Cleveland's offense left with him...

Probably wont be out too long...

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1