Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Top 100 List

AZColt11

Interesting to watch every year because it's voted on by the players, not media hacks.  Guys who have played against these guys and know if they're legit or not.  They've released the "bottom" 30 players so far, and no Colts are on it as of yet.  I cannot imagine Luck and Hilton won't be on it somewhere.  Vinny and McAfee are one of the best at their position but this list doesn't include ST.  It's based off last season, and Luck was much better than he was in 2015, and he still made the list then.  I would expect a jump for Hilton since he lead the league in yards.  Just scroll down for individual videos.  Interesting that #80, Blount, is still on the FA market.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100-2017

Ike Taylor is doing his own list which you can read here.  He does not have Luck as high as the rest of the players.  No word on Hilton yet, who likely burned him a time or two when he played for Pitt.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000806735/article/my-top-100-7180-jalen-ramsey-tyreek-hill-shine-in-year-1

EDIT:  Just realized I put this in the Colts forum and not the NFL forum.  My apologies.  Mods if you could please move.  Thanks!

McAfee retired and is therefore not eligible for the top 100.  

It is technically suppose to be an NFL players ranking of who they think the top 100 players will be next year.  Since McAfee won't be playing he won't be on there.

Luck and Hilton should make it and probably fairly highly.  

Maybe Jack Mewhort but I doubt it.  

That's about it.  

47 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

McAfee retired and is therefore not eligible for the top 100.  

It is technically suppose to be an NFL players ranking of who they think the top 100 players will be next year.  Since McAfee won't be playing he won't be on there.

Luck and Hilton should make it and probably fairly highly.  

Maybe Jack Mewhort but I doubt it.  

That's about it.  

I doubt the players rated Mewhort above Travis Frederick (who has already been revealed), but I think you're right that Luck and Hilton could be high up there.

It is good to see NFL players finally recognize S Harrison Smith as a top player, coming in at #74. This is his first time making the list. The Vikes also have DE Everson Griffen there at #92. 

One Vikings player who has never made the top 100 list is Xavier Rhodes, one of the best CB to play last year. I am not sure he makes it this year either. Hope I'm wrong.

On 5/9/2017 at 8:11 PM, NFLfan said:

It is good to see NFL players finally recognize S Harrison Smith as a top player, coming in at #74. This is his first time making the list. The Vikes also have DE Everson Griffen there at #92. 

One Vikings player who has never made the top 100 list is Xavier Rhodes, one of the best CB to play last year. I am not sure he makes it this year either. Hope I'm wrong.

They're all deserving in my eyes but this is the players' list so we'll see.

People make a big deal out of the Top 100 list every year. It's just a fans list. No different than any blogs or fan sites doing top 100 lists. Usually teams that are not a playoff contender, do not get players that rank highly in the Top 100 list...

59 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

People make a big deal out of the Top 100 list every year. It's just a fans list. No different than any blogs or fan sites doing top 100 lists. Usually teams that are not a playoff contender, do not get players that rank highly in the Top 100 list...

Except it's not a fans list it's a players list 

On 5/9/2017 at 8:11 PM, NFLfan said:

Hey I saw Rhodes made it at #66!