Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reuben Foster's rotator cuff not healed?

On 4/17/2017 at 7:44 PM, Superman said:

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Very good point.

One of the differences is that Foster plays LB. Luck sometimes plays QB like a LB, but he doesn't take as much contact with as much force as Foster will.

I was thinking that Foster had surgery more recently, but it makes sense that it was after the championship game. 

The red flag for me, though, was the speculation that he could require another operation. Shaq Lawson last year tried to put off shoulder surgery until after his rookie year, but had an issue prior to the season and got shut down anyway. That probably saved his draft status. I much prefer Foster's method, from the team standpoint, since he still has a chance to play this year. But that's dependent on him getting cleared for full contact at some point.

I'll recant my previous post in this thread, though, since the initial "report" about his shoulder seems to have been exaggerated. If medical says he's still on track for full recovery and there are no setbacks, I'd still take him in the first. (This is also assuming his dust-up at the Combine wasn't a significant problem. I haven't heard much about that lately.) To me, he's still the best ILB in this draft. 

Thats debatable, lol (bolded)

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Would you draft him in the second? Or third?

If we assume that we know everything there is to know -- that means there are no subsequent failed drug tests (since he's in the NFL drug program now), his shoulder is on track, there are no legal issues floating around, etc. -- then I think he's a worthy second rounder.

But I'm nervous because it's been a while since he had any good news come out about him. There are reports he didn't interview well, he struggles diagramming plays (which he admits), he might have a temper issue, he has a failed drug test, there are concerns about his association (concerning given the recent events with Aaron Hernandez), and the shoulder. 

No longer an option at #15, IMO.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

If medical says he's still on track for full recovery and there are no setbacks, I'd still take him in the first. (This is also assuming his dust-up at the Combine wasn't a significant problem. I haven't heard much about that lately.) To me, he's still the best ILB in this draft. 

So far,I haven't heard otherwise, but I'll put my ear to the railroad tracks and listen harder. 

OTOH, his diluted urine sample at the combine is troubling.  That not only says he was using something, it implies cover up as well.  Diluted samples in the NFL are treated as a positive result. Anyhow, he will now be in the NFL substance abuse program stage one from day 1, once drafted.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So far,I haven't heard otherwise, but I'll put my ear to the railroad tracks and listen harder. 

OTOH, his diluted urine sample at the combine is troubling.  That not only says he was using something, it implies cover up as well.  Diluted samples in the NFL are treated as a positive result. Anyhow, he will now be in the NFL substance abuse program stage one from day 1, once drafted.

Yeah and I think that is important.  These athletes think they can get away with everything because they have.  Now that he's been busted and will be watched closely will tell us how much of a knucklehead he really is.  If he stays clean from here on then no worries.