Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fabian Moreau

I read he'd be back by late July in time for camp. I don't think he's there in the 3rd. He will be over valued because he's an explosive athelte IMO. He doesn't have great balls skills is inexperienced at CB and drew a lot of flags at UCLA. I still think he goes top 50. 

39 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I read he'd be back by late July in time for camp. I don't think he's there in the 3rd. He will be over valued because he's an explosive athelte IMO. He doesn't have great balls skills is inexperienced at CB and drew a lot of flags at UCLA. I still think he goes top 50. 

I dont think he's anywhere near the 3rd probably still goes early 2nd. I'd love him in the 2nd if he falls that far he's an great talent. His ball skills are solid with room to grow I agree but he reacts and uses that elite athleticism to make a lot of plays. Perfect foot work and frame for our press Man. 

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Takk will be fine. He'll be 100 by preseason. I'm just trying to figure this out about Moreau. One of my favorite CB's in this class. SO.....Bump. Bump. Bump. Any of the 100 plus views got an answer???

He should be back by training camp but not 100%. Takk should be back but not 100%.

1 hour ago, akcolt said:

From NFL.com.  One mans opinion, although Jeremiah seems to know his stuff.

"Moreau is among the NFL draft's top cornerback prospects and was considered a potential first-round selection. However, NFL Network Daniel Jeremiah said on Thursday that he believes Round 3 is the highest Moreau will go following his surgery. His schedule of visits to NFL clubs will be uninterrupted by recovery from surgery, per Rapoport and Garafolo."

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

He should be back by training camp but not 100%. Takk should be back but not 100%.

They'll be 100 by week 1 though. Moreau would be a steal if he fell to the 4th like somebody indicated. Imagine taking advantage of all this. Williams in RD2. Lewis and Moreau in RD 4. WOW. I like a handful of corners better, but I think Moreau has a VERY high ceiling. Possibly a low floor, but he could be like a Vontae esk corner if he pans out IMO. With that said I'd rather have a bigger corner. 6'1 or so. Moreau is what? 5'11, 6'? I still like him, but I go back and forth with him. I think I'd take Witherspoon instead honestly. Witherspoon in RD3, Lewis in RD4 would be amazing. Kevin King I'm not a fan of, but I think Witherspoon has the athleticism and the big one....The ELITE ball skills, and IMO, he has the tools, and talent to develop into a superstar caliber corner.

There's literally guys who'll fall down the board to the 3-4-5 range like Jones, Moreau, Lewis at corner, Williams at EDGE, Mixon at RB, Anzalone, Reeves Maybin at ILB. We gotta take advantage of this IMO. Look how it's paid off for Cincy with Burfict (one of my favorite players in the NFL) Seattle with Clark, KC with Hill, list goes on.

19 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

They'll be 100 by week 1 though. Moreau would be a steal if he fell to the 4th like somebody indicated. Imagine taking advantage of all this. Williams in RD2. Lewis and Moreau in RD 4. WOW. I like a handful of corners better, but I think Moreau has a VERY high ceiling. Possibly a low floor, but he could be like a Vontae esk corner if he pans out IMO. With that said I'd rather have a bigger corner. 6'1 or so. Moreau is what? 5'11, 6'? I still like him, but I go back and forth with him. I think I'd take Witherspoon instead honestly. Witherspoon in RD3, Lewis in RD4 would be amazing. Kevin King I'm not a fan of, but I think Witherspoon has the athleticism and the big one....The ELITE ball skills, and IMO, he has the tools, and talent to develop into a superstar caliber corner.

Yes we can imagine but in reality I can't see any of that happening. Is a team really going to take Corn Elder over Fabian Monreau because he tore his peck...no. Is Damante Kazze going before Jordan Lewis because of the domestic dispute, probably not. Its just not realistic especially Fabian. He'll be ready to play week 1 maybe 100% physically but not 100% mentally because he will miss time and miss reps. I was a big fan of Ahkello but its really annoying how big of a pwuuuuussy he is in the run game. He also struggles getting out of his back pedal on quick hitches and out routes with those long ol' legs. He as good feet and flips his hips smoothly but doesnt play quick hitting routes well. Kevin King is not a good scheme fit for us, in a zone scheme I think he can be very productive. Fabian is 6'1/2 almost 6'1 and 205 rocked up. He's the perfect scheme fit but wed have to take him round 2. 

18 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Yes we can imagine but in reality I can't see any of that happening. Is a team really going to take Corn Elder over Fabian Monreau because he tore his peck...no. Is Damante Kazze going before Jordan Lewis because of the domestic dispute, probably not. Its just not realistic especially Fabian. He'll be ready to play week 1 maybe 100% physically but not 100% mentally because he will miss time and miss reps. I was a big fan of Ahkello but its really annoying how big of a pwuuuuussy he is in the run game. He also struggles getting out of his back pedal on quick hitches and out routes with those long ol' legs. He as good feet and flips his hips smoothly but doesnt play quick hitting routes well. Kevin King is not a good scheme fit for us, in a zone scheme I think he can be very productive. Fabian is 6'1/2 almost 6'1 and 205 rocked up. He's the perfect scheme fit but wed have to take him round 2. 

Sidney Jones definitely isn't going RD1 now. My guess would be 2nd. But as for Lewis and Mixon. I think Lewis is late 3, early 4. Anyone's guess on Mixon. But there's going to be 1st round talent fall to the 2nd, 3rd, and even the 4th no doubt IMO. You know how the NFL is with domestics. A lot of teams would be scared to death to take Mixon or Lewis because of publicity and their image. It's completely realistic to think we could get Williams or Jones in RD2, Mixon in RD3, and Lewis in RD4 IMO. I mean an injured Jones isn't going to fall to the 4th, but would IMO be a steal in the 2nd.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Sidney Jones definitely isn't going RD1 now. My guess would be 2nd. But as for Lewis and Mixon. I think Lewis is late 3, early 4. Anyone's guess on Mixon. But there's going to be 1st round talent fall to the 2nd, 3rd, and even the 4th no doubt IMO. You know how the NFL is with domestics. A lot of teams would be scared to death to take Mixon or Lewis because of publicity and their image. It's completely realistic to think we could get Williams or Jones in RD2, Mixon in RD3, and Lewis in RD4 IMO. I mean an injured Jones isn't going to fall to the 4th, but would IMO be a steal in the 2nd.

I'd love taking Sidney in the 2nd. Idk Lewis didn't even really hit her, what may cause him to drop is it is the 2nd time with the same girl. I still can't see him falling out of the 3rd tho. Fabian might even go day 1 if a team loves his skill set enough he warrants a 1st round pick but no later then the 2nd. I'm not worried about landing Mixon, if he falls to our 3rd round pick fantastic if not so be it. Irsay even said were looking for a late round RB, I like Chris Carson in the 5th.