Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What would you want from Denver to switch picks?

oldunclemark

I'm curious to know why for the 2nd year in a row Denver is specifically interested in the Colts pick. Last year it was that they just wanted to get Paxton Lynch. Now it's for McCafferey. But forgot the teams in front of us. It's us specifically who they'd want to trade with.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm curious to know why for the 2nd year in a row Denver is specifically interested in the Colts pick. Last year it was that they just wanted to get Paxton Lynch. Now it's for McCafferey. But forgot the teams in front of us. It's us specifically who they'd want to trade with.

Trying to force a situation.

It's dramatic. It's romantic.

It's the off season.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Well they did draft Lynch...and they traded up in round 1 to get him. They moved up five spots, which, coincidentally, is the same number of spots they would move up by trading with the Colts.

As for why they might trade up with the Colts...they would want to get in front of BAL, WAS and TB...who all could be interested in a dynamic RB like CM.

I am not saying they would even want to do this, but I think DEN trading up with IND is certainly plausible. And if it was for Howard, it would be much more plausible...since TB and TEN would probably take him (maybe even BAL as well).

43 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Well they did draft Lynch...and they traded up in round 1 to get him. They moved up five spots, which, coincidentally, is the same number of spots they would move up by trading with the Colts.

As for why they might trade up with the Colts...they would want to get in front of BAL, WAS and TB...who all could be interested in a dynamic RB like CM.

I am not saying they would even want to do this, but I think DEN trading up with IND is certainly plausible. And if it was for Howard, it would be much more plausible...since TB and TEN would probably take him (maybe even BAL as well).

I hear you but I'm saying that if the Colts are interested in McCaffery too, wouldn't it be smarter for them to trade up in front of them? Like if you're trading up with the Colts, then you're jumping the Ravens for someone IMO. Like Seattle trading up with us for Marlon Humphrey would make more sense IMO.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I hear you but I'm saying that if the Colts are interested in McCaffery too, wouldn't it be smarter for them to trade up in front of them? Like if you're trading up with the Colts, then you're jumping the Ravens for someone IMO. Like Seattle trading up with us for Marlon Humphrey would make more sense IMO.

Right...they would be doing it to get in front of the teams picking after the Colts...that could be any of BAL, WAS, TEN or TB. But while they might only need to (theoretically) jump WAS for a certain player, it could make sense to just trade with the Colts when the Colts are on the clock...to make sure they get their guy.

They wouldn't trade up with the Colts to get someone the Colts wanted. The Colts don't really have any leverage in that situation. If they truly wanted the guy, they would just pick him and not trade back. And if they don't want him, he will be available with the next pick. Most GMs would call the Colts bluff there. There could be a rare player swap, but I don't think that has happened in the NFL since Rivers/Manning.

personally at this time i would rather stay at 15 unless they make an offer that heavily favors us.  which they wont do now becasue they dont know who will be on the board at 15

if i dont like the board on draft day then id consider taking a more reasonable offer

the value chart says we should get about two third round picks to move back to their spot in the first. 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, Track Guy said:

How about this:

We trade picks 15 and 80 to the Broncos for picks 20 and 51. I think I'd do it, I don't know about them. 

I think Ballard should ask for more than that. Something more like Denver's 1st and 2nd for Indy's 1st as an initial offer. If they say no to that, then offer one of Indy's 4th rounders back in exchange for Denver's 1st and 2nd.

5 hours ago, aaron11 said:

personally at this time i would rather stay at 15 unless they make an offer that heavily favors us.  which they wont do now becasue they dont know who will be on the board at 15

if i dont like the board on draft day then id consider taking a more reasonable offer

the value chart says we should get about two third round picks to move back to their spot in the first. 

The trade wouldn't happen until draft day.

On 3/30/2017 at 10:13 PM, oldunclemark said:

Reading the web sites from Denver, there is a strong feeling that the Broncos will take Stanford's Christian McCaffrey with the 20th pick in the first round.

McCaffrey has moved up on a lot of draft boards after his summer showcase workouts.

Some in Denver are concerned that the Colts will take McCaffrey to be the all-purpose...multi position threat Andrew Luck has never had.

But Denver doesn't know if the Colts will draft McCaffrey or not...We might want somebody we can get with the 20th pick

What would you want from Denver to switch the 15th and the 20th picks?    a 3rd round pick?  CJ Anderson?

Shane Ray and Bradley Roby!! Kidding...

I do believe Ballard is going to do some swapping for more pics. Surprised if it will be with Denver but you never know.