Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hassan Riddick (Edge Scout #10)

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

Not an edge. 

Seems everyone agrees he is a perfect WIL. I don't see any red flags on this kid....hard worker (walk on), changed positions, just a grinder. Lays a lick on guys...seems to identify whats in front of him quickly and react. He had a ton of TFL and sacks last year. His measurables at the combine were impressive. Considering where we are on building this defense do you value him at 15? I know it depends on who is there but I really wouldn't have a problem drafting him there. We are still going to have to rely on blitzing etc to get to the qb while we develop our OLBs whomever they are...I can see this kid causing havoc....heck even lining up at SAM on passing downs and turning him loose if we do find an edge rusher. I don't think he has the size to hold up long term on the outside against the run setting the edge etc but I think we could use him at times out there. We just haven't had middle lb with this kind of athleticism and playmaking ability in a long time..I think if we could land a veteran MIKE it would be perfect to have this kid playing next to him.....maybe dare I say a Hightower and Reddick duo??

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Seems everyone agrees he is a perfect WIL. I don't see any red flags on this kid....hard worker (walk on), changed positions, just a grinder. Lays a lick on guys...seems to identify whats in front of him quickly and react. He had a ton of TFL and sacks last year. His measurables at the combine were impressive. Considering where we are on building this defense do you value him at 15? I know it depends on who is there but I really wouldn't have a problem drafting him there. We are still going to have to rely on blitzing etc to get to the qb while we develop our OLBs whomever they are...I can see this kid causing havoc....heck even lining up at SAM on passing downs and turning him loose if we do find an edge rusher. I don't think he has the size to hold up long term on the outside against the run setting the edge etc but I think we could use him at times out there. We just haven't had middle lb with this kind of athleticism and playmaking ability in a long time..I think if we could land a veteran MIKE it would be perfect to have this kid playing next to him.....maybe dare I say a Hightower and Reddick duo??

I think he's a reach at #15. Before yesterday, I thought he might be there at #46, but I felt like he was a top 30 guy. I think he's still a top 30 guy, and he should go somewhere toward the end of the first round.

I have Barnett, Charlton, McKinley ahead of him on defense, and several offensive players, including Cam Robinson. 

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think he's a reach at #15. Before yesterday, I thought he might be there at #46, but I felt like he was a top 30 guy. I think he's still a top 30 guy, and he should go somewhere toward the end of the first round.

I have Barnett, Charlton, McKinley ahead of him on defense, and several offensive players, including Cam Robinson. 

Yeah. I have him around 20 but I also didn't think Kelly was 18th best player when we took him last year too. If I had my perfect scenario we would trade back to 20 with Denver and get him. I think Denver is one of those aggressive teams that target a player and go after him and I think John might do that with Rymzyck to hold down that LT position for him. They have that extra 3rd this year and it would about equate on the point system if they traded their middle third. That would give us an extra 3rd that we could possibly go after say a Jordan Willis or a Derek Rivers as project or take our 4th and move up our third into the late 2nd if we target someone. I do like corner in the second or third rd as well like you do. I think there is value there.

If say Thomas (very likely) and Barnett are gone before our pick I'm good with Reddick. I think he will be a star honestly. One of those guys that is all over the field like a Derrick Johnson in KC. I really think he mirrors that type of player. I know he isn't an edge rusher that we desperately need but I can see him avg 5 or 6 sacks a year and being a disruptive force out there. I'm not down on the edge guys in this draft but I'm not sure I see the star potential outside Myles and if we are going to take a guy that might take time to develop I'd rather go after one on day two. We just lack athleticism from our MLBs....if we have to start Jackson I think we need help that Hassan could give us out there.

57 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

We basically have no LBs or edge rushers now. I agree that we should attempt to trade down and stock up. I don't know Ballard's philosophy but I feel that Grigson would stay put and and pick a wide receiver. 

The legend continues to grow.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yeah. I have him around 20 but I also didn't think Kelly was 18th best player when we took him last year too. If I had my perfect scenario we would trade back to 20 with Denver and get him. I think Denver is one of those aggressive teams that target a player and go after him and I think John might do that with Rymzyck to hold down that LT position for him. They have that extra 3rd this year and it would about equate on the point system if they traded their middle third. That would give us an extra 3rd that we could possibly go after say a Jordan Willis or a Derek Rivers as project or take our 4th and move up our third into the late 2nd if we target someone. I do like corner in the second or third rd as well like you do. I think there is value there.

If say Thomas (very likely) and Barnett are gone before our pick I'm good with Reddick. I think he will be a star honestly. One of those guys that is all over the field like a Derrick Johnson in KC. I really think he mirrors that type of player. I know he isn't an edge rusher that we desperately need but I can see him avg 5 or 6 sacks a year and being a disruptive force out there. I'm not down on the edge guys in this draft but I'm not sure I see the star potential outside Myles and if we are going to take a guy that might take time to develop I'd rather go after one on day two. We just lack athleticism from our MLBs....if we have to start Jackson I think we need help that Hassan could give us out there.

I thought Kelly belonged in the top 20, but positional value could have pushed him down further. Impossible to know for sure.

Denver is a reasonable consideration for moving up, but who knows. Like you said, they might really like a LT prospect.

7 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He's not going to be an OLB in the NFL. He's already confirmed he's going to be an ILB.

Didn't he say he's willing to play both in the interview at the combine? Teams are telling him they like him at both. He performed as a DL at the combine so idk if anything is confirmed. To me tho he's the perfect 3-4 OLB, to most others he's a 3-4 ILB. Ultimately he can play both so we probably will play him at both if we get him.

25 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Didn't he say he's willing to play both in the interview at the combine? Teams are telling him they like him at both. He performed as a DL at the combine so idk if anything is confirmed. To me tho he's the perfect 3-4 OLB, to most others he's a 3-4 ILB. Ultimately he can play both so we probably will play him at both if we get him.

It was pointed out that he should have been in with the LB group, and in his interview he said he was looking forward to being the best rookie ILB. He's got the skillset to be moved around but he'll predominantly be inside.

4 hours ago, Superman said:

McKinley played with a broken shoulder for 2 years, unreal.

57 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

It was pointed out that he should have been in with the LB group, and in his interview he said he was looking forward to being the best rookie ILB. He's got the skillset to be moved around but he'll predominantly be inside.

Yea he did say that, I think mostly because the majority of teams interviewing him want him inside. Who knows where he'd play for us we have a desperate need for both. It just intrigues me more that some ppl see an athletic cover linebacker and I see an explosive edge rusher, the possibilities are endless with haason

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

Yea he did say that, I think mostly because the majority of teams interviewing him want him inside. Who knows where he'd play for us we have a desperate need for both. It just intrigues me more that some ppl see an athletic cover linebacker and I see an explosive edge rusher, the possibilities are endless with haason

If he were 10-15lbs heavier, he'd probably be a permanent outside guy, but I'm not in favor of adding that much weight to his frame just to see if he could sustain playing outside. At his size, if he were an OLB, he'd probably get yanked on early downs, or you take the Mathis route, and know that side of your defense is going to be the target to opposing run games. I'd rather go and get a true OLB who can hold the edge and get up field. 

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

If he were 10-15lbs heavier, he'd probably be a permanent outside guy, but I'm not in favor of adding that much weight to his frame just to see if he could sustain playing outside. At his size, if he were an OLB, he'd probably get yanked on early downs, or you take the Mathis route, and know that side of your defense is going to be the target to opposing run games. I'd rather go and get a true OLB who can hold the edge and get up field. 

Weight is just a number to me honestly and yes late into Roberts career he was a wash in the run game but early Robert was a 3-down monster. I'm not saying Haason will be the most disruptive run stuffer off the edge but he's shown on tape he can easily set one. There are concerns about him at the POA with NFL O-linemen but out in space off the edge they are in his world. At ILB you got him filling holes taking on blocks of guards head on. At OLB he can play with space and give any T problems in the run game. Where he may struggle is the TE/T combo block, but if a team resorts to that method of blocking then our ILB are running free. Again endless possibilities maybe your right, maybe I'm right but just get this kid to Indy and we'll figure it out from there!!! Hahaha