Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Whats with all the shoulder problems I'm seeing ? Cubs have two , Cards Ozuna who is ready to come back. Just seems like a lot for field players.

Heywards on 10 day with hamstring tightness for now. Bryant’s shoulder injury, from what I think I read, was from an awkward dive at third, correct me if I’m wrong CBE.  Russell was out for hand injury. What other fielder is out with shoulder? Who am I missing?

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Heywards on 10 day with hamstring tightness for now. Bryant’s shoulder injury, from what I think I read, was from an awkward dive at third, correct me if I’m wrong CBE.  Russell was out for hand injury. What other fielder is out with shoulder? Who am I missing?

The Cubs site said Russell has a sore shoulder as well I believe. Yes it said fingers and right shoulder imflamation .

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Cubs site said Russell has a sore shoulder as well I believe. Yes it said fingers and right shoulder imflamation .

Hmmm I didn't see the shoulder too, could explain some of his erratic play. Maddens going to have some tough decisions to make, the Heyward injury helps(until he’s back, not that I’m glad he’s injured either) but there will be a few players to bench, designate, etc.

Zobrist (maybe)

Bote

Murphy

Almora(I say he sticks until Heyward returns)

La Stella

What's nice is we’re now in MLB expanded roster, so guys can rest, others play.

Just now, HOZER said:

Hmmm I didn't see the shoulder too, could explain some of his erratic play. Maddens going to have some tough decisions to make, the Heyward injury helps(until he’s back, not that I’m glad he’s injured either) but there will be a few players to bench, designate, etc.

Zobrist (maybe)

Bote

Murphy

La Stella

Yes its a lot easier to overcome injury right now,

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Hozer, yeah MVP's injury was an awkward dive into a base. So glad he's back now. Lets hope he can stay healthy until the season is over. I didn't realize Heyward was injured as bad as he is.

Hamstrings can reoccur pretty easy causing further damage . Its probably precaution as much as anything . Believe Wong and Gyrko out for same reason .

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cubs have so much depth that it is ridiculous. I am wondering how Maddon can keep everyone happy? I am thinking Russell will be the odd man out come Playoff time.

Well not a bad problem to have . Cards will have the same one

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Russell, has had shoulder issue is entire ML career. Basically every year he goes on DL for some time to rest it.

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

Zobrist (maybe)

Bote

Murphy

La Stella

Not one of those will get DFA. It is 40 man everyone of them is up. La Stella is a bench guy. Almora Defense substitute. Russell will be to early on. Lefty Line up Bote is 2nd or 3rd Baez is other position assuming Russell can play well enough. Would Put KB in OF in LF and Zobs in RF Happ or Almora in Center.  

4 hours ago, HOZER said:

7D800F9B-939B-4419-BA8A-3B1A8409D9A5.jpeg

Yep Cubs win 7-1, Hendricks Pitched Great. Bryant went 2-4 with a Double and looked Great too. Cards lost 4-0 to Cincy and the Brewers lost 5-4 to the Nats. So the NL Central Standings look like this heading into September 2nd:

1. Cubs 80-55 *Best overall record in the NL

2. Cards 76-60 (4.5 back)

3. Brewers 76-61 (5 back)

-Cubs have breathing room again for now.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nola was Pitching like Nola Ryan :funny: until he met Mr Murphy :yahoo:. Murphy with a blast, 1-0 Cubs in the 3rd!

Ya see why I liked him so much. Back when he played for us, he was a no name to most, but he got on base and got key hits when we needed it. I miss the guy.

The Brewers just beat the Cubs 4-3 as I seen the tail end of it. The UMPS in the 8th Inning basically screwed Carl Edwards on a 3rd strike call with the Cubs leading 3-2 which allowed Braun to walk, If you seen what I am talking about you would agree. Brewers went on to tie it, then win it in the 9th. Maddon and Edwards both got ejected. I hate losing like that but it is what it is for now. Cubs still 4 games ahead in the NL Central. Cards lost again though, they have now lost 3 in a row and are 5.5 back of the Cubs.

17 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Chisek with some quality stuff....:thmdown:

Yeah it should've never came to that, Edwards clearly struck out Braun, even Braun thought he was Out at first going by his body language. Instead of the 3rd Out in the 8th, Brewers tie the game. The 9th Inning, the Pitching was Bad but by then the Brewers had the momentum by tying it in the 8th. It's tough for the UMPS to take games away from teams in Baseball so I rarely complain about UMPS. They normally do a fair job as Baseball is a sport that is a lot better than Football and Basketball when it comes to calls but that UMP was flat out awful in the 8th Inning. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it should've never came to that, Edwards clearly struck out Braun, even Braun thought he was Out at first going by his body language. Instead of the 3rd Out in the 8th, Brewers tie the game. The 9th Inning, the Pitching was Bad but by then the Brewers had the momentum by tying it in the 8th. It's tough for the UMPS to take games away from teams in Baseball so I rarely complain about UMPS. They normally do a fair job as Baseball is a sport that is a lot better than Football and Basketball when it comes to calls but that UMP was flat out awful in the 8th Inning. 

Yeah was not even going to mention that Ump, what a joke!!! Both Madden and Edwards tossed!!! I hate when Umps influence a game like that. Still think both MLB and NFL umps should be fined for bad calls....although they’d probably go broke lol!

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Yeah was not even going to mention that Ump, what a joke!!! Both Madden and Edwards tossed!!! I hate when Umps influence a game like that. Still think both MLB and NFL umps should be fined for bad calls....although they’d probably go broke lol!

Yeah I rarely complain about the UMPS because it looks like sour grapes. So you know when I complain the UMP at home plate was really Bad. I think I have only complained maybe 2 or 3 other times all season about the UMPS in nearly 140 games played. 

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I rarely complain about the UMPS because it looks like sour grapes. So you know when I complain the UMP at home plate was really Bad. I think I have only complained maybe 2 or 3 other times all season about the UMPS in nearly 140 games played. 

I complain about them all the time, those bums. :scorebad:

Archived