Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

If it wasn’t for you folks and this thread, I probably wouldn’t visit much. The over reaction on the Colts forum is unreal......my goodness. 

I hear you. But it can't be worse than the Vikings fans tonight  calling to get rid of everyone. Fans are not reasonable a lot of times. 

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I hear you. But it can't be worse than the Vikings fans tonight  calling to get rid of everyone. Fans are not reasonable a lot of times. 

At least you get to turn around and get that ugly taste out of your mouth quickly and play the Rams.

14 hours ago, HOZER said:

If it wasn’t for you folks and this thread, I probably wouldn’t visit much. The over reaction on the Colts forum is unreal......my goodness. 

Good thing about baseball...even though it is also the bad thing...is there is like a million games so you can get over a bad outing very quickly. The story line changes so quickly. Hopefully we can finish strong. I want our pitchers to start off at home. I worry about the bullpen but if the offense can stay hot we might be able to hold off our opponents.

Cubs are down 4-0 in the 3rd, Brewers are up 7-3 on the Cards in the 5th. The only good news is if these scores hold up, the Cubs magic number is down to 1 to clinch a Playoff spot. A Cubs win or 1 more Cards loss after tonight and the Cubs at worse will be a Wildcard. Games are both still early but the Cubs are in a funk all of the sudden. If these scores hold up, the Cubs will still be in 1st place in the NL Central but by only .5 over the Brewers. The Rockies may get in as a Wildcard? They are up 3-1 over Philly tonight. If the Cards do lose tonight and the Rockies win they would move into the final Wildcard spot.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I say Cubs get swept and then have a desperate Cardinal team come in next......YIKES that is a scary proposition. I want no part of a 1 game playoff with this team.

Swept by who? Cubs still have 2 games vs the Pirates. We will win at least 1 of them. If we just win 1 more game period we clinch a Playoff spot. Brewers may win the Division but we will be in the Playoffs at worse. Rockies have an easy schedule the rest of the way, they have a better chance than the Cards do at making the Wildcard at this point. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Can Jose Quintana hold the fort down tonight for Jon Lester tomorrow? A bigger question may be, can the Cubs score some runs? The bats have been dead lately. Cubs will make the Playoffs but winning the Division is in jeopardy. Brewers last 3 games are vs the Tigers. 

Ya to me biggest question can bats score runs. we have one run this series and it was a Pitcher solo homerun. If we can do something more then it relieves pressure on pitchers

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are still up 6-2, Brewers just beat the Cards again. Cards are in big trouble now of missing the Playoffs. Rockies are up 9-0 over Philly. Rockies have a pretty favorable schedule the rest of the way. 

A story flashed across my phone that both the Cubs and the Brewers clinched a playoff spot tonight. I hope the Cards will be the last playoff team.

Just now, NFLfan said:

A story flashed across my phone that both the Cubs and the Brewers clinched a playoffs spot tonight. I hope the Cards will be the last playoff team.

Cards are in big trouble, the Rockies are rolling and have a favorable schedule left. Once the Cubs game is over I will break everything down on this thread.

Since the Cubs didn't actually back their way into the Playoffs and won tonight, it is worth celebrating. In otherwords they didn't need help to get in. Congrats to the Cubs for making the 2018 Playoffs. It has been a long season, lots of key injuries and a unusual schedule over the last month playing every day without a day off. Cubs at least earned this accomplishment.

-Nice Cubs fact: Since Racial integration occurred in the 1947 Season, this is the 1st time in Cubs history they have made the Playoffs 4 seasons in a row (2015-2018 seasons). Cubs got their Ring in 2016 as well so no matter happens in these upcoming Playoffs the Cubs have had a heck of a run. Making the Playoffs 4 seasons in a row is a great accomplishment in Baseball, especially getting a World Series win out of it.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Swept by who? Cubs still have 2 games vs the Pirates. We will win at least 1 of them. If we just win 1 more game period we clinch a Playoff spot. Brewers may win the Division but we will be in the Playoffs at worse. Rockies have an easy schedule the rest of the way, they have a better chance than the Cards do at making the Wildcard at this point. 

Yes I didn't think we would win last night nor today. The Pirates are a good team that is playing well and I wasn't liking what I was seeing from our offense. It was a big win! I still want nothing to do with the one game playoff. What if the Rockies win their division and we have to face Kershaw to get in? We could be on the outside looking in. We need to finish strong and the fact we have the Cards after this who need to win every game...not going to be easy...they love beating us with or without something to play for. Cubs just can't help but give me a heart attack every time!

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yes I didn't think we would win last night nor today. The Pirates are a good team that is playing well and I wasn't liking what I was seeing from our offense. It was a big win! I still want nothing to do with the one game playoff. What if the Rockies win their division and we have to face Kershaw to get in? We could be on the outside looking in. We need to finish strong and the fact we have the Cards after this who need to win every game...not going to be easy...they love beating us with or without something to play for. Cubs just can't help but give me a heart attack every time!

Yeah you and I agree 100% on playing in the Wildcard game. Not my ideal situation but at least we are in. I don't like the way we have been playing at all lately but I figured we would win at least 1 if not 2 vs the Pirates. Who knows moving forward what will happen. We do have Lester Pitching tonight so I hope he pitches one of his gems.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Since the Cubs didn't actually back their way into the Playoffs and won tonight, it is worth celebrating. In otherwords they didn't need help to get in. Congrats to the Cubs for making the 2018 Playoffs. It has been a long season, lots of key injuries and a unusual schedule over the last month playing every day without a day off. Cubs at least earned this accomplishment.

-Nice Cubs fact: Since Racial integration occurred in the 1947 Season, this is the 1st time in Cubs history they have made the Playoffs 4 seasons in a row (2015-2018 seasons). Cubs got their Ring in 2016 as well so no matter happens in these upcoming Playoffs the Cubs have had a heck of a run. Making the Playoffs 4 seasons in a row is a great accomplishment in Baseball, especially getting a World Series win out of it.

No need to add racial integration or 1947, Straight up never had made 4 straight post seasons at all since the club was formed

Archived