Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

the 6-6 plateau

oldunclemark

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I think they're almost exactly the same team BCF...they had some ugly losses last year to KC and SD

..That Denver 'D'; is prime time and they are getting little help from the 'O' most days.

Don't bet on Tennessee beating them next Sunday

I see what you're saying and I feel they will beat Tenn, but that offense of theirs is pretty sluggish and Tenn may run the football for a score or two. Jacksonville hung around for the better part of today's game.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I see what you're saying and I feel they will beat Tenn, but that offense of theirs is pretty sluggish and Tenn may run the football for a score or two. Jacksonville hung around for the better part of today's game.

I think that game could go either way but Denver should win, Titans still have to go at KC so they will lose that one anyway. We need to go 4-1 to be safe and at least win tomorrow and beat Houston.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

remember that game Pittsburgh just roasted Denver last year?..smoked 'em like a Christmas ham..

..that hasn't happened to the Broncos this year.

I think their secondary is better than it was last year..

..they just need some first downs early and they haven't been getting them.

They miss CJ Anderson more than I thought they would

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think that game could go either way but Denver should win, Titans still have to go at KC so they will lose that one anyway. We need to go 4-1 to be safe and at least win tomorrow and beat Houston.

If we win Tommorow I think we can run the Table to be honest. This team plays with a different energy and focus level when their backs are against the wall. I think we will get it done. Offense has to hit that next gear like we've been waiting on. Down the stretch in predicting we put up more points than usual

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True..Titans will be favored over Denver if Lynch plays..

But our fate is in our own hands....a win Monday and another Sunday and then everybody else has to catch us

1 minute ago, krunk said:

If we win Tommorow I think we can run the Table to be honest. This team plays with a different energy and focus level when their backs are against the wall. I think we will get it done. Offense has to hit that next gear like we've been waiting on. Down the stretch in predicting we put up more points than usual

I like that, after Monday, there are no more bad weather or cold weather games...

We have to throw the ball to win

...so I'd rather play Minnesota indoors than a lesser team in freezing weather

Green Bay did their job. Now it's time for the Colts to get to 6-6. Not gonna try to think too far ahead. Have to worry about the Jets first. The Colts should beat them. But the Colts also should have beat Jacksonville, Houston and Detroit. So no gimmes. 

Get the offense going early. I love the deep passing threat this team has but against a tough defense, I don't know if Luck will have time to sit in the pocket and wait for those long routes to develop. Then again, Jets secondary stinks. Attack em early and keep them guessing. Use a variety of plays (short and long) and maybe some more wildcat (though that's been pretty hit or miss so far).

On defense, just make the plays they need to make. Stay in your lane, make the tackles, and don't take penalties. Fitzpatrick isn't very good, so don't give them anything easy.

This could go either way, but the Colts could, and should win tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Green Bay did their job. Now it's time for the Colts to get to 6-6. Not gonna try to think too far ahead. Have to worry about the Jets first. The Colts should beat them. But the Colts also should have beat Jacksonville, Houston and Detroit. So no gimmes. 

Get the offense going early. I love the deep passing threat this team has but against a tough defense, I don't know if Luck will have time to sit in the pocket and wait for those long routes to develop. Then again, Jets secondary stinks. Attack em early and keep them guessing. Use a variety of plays (short and long) and maybe some more wildcat (though that's been pretty hit or miss so far).

On defense, just make the plays they need to make. Stay in your lane, make the tackles, and don't take penalties. Fitzpatrick isn't very good, so don't give them anything easy.

This could go either way, but the Colts could, and should win tomorrow night.

It's all right there for us now on a silver platter. What has transpired over the past few weeks is why I never say anything is over. Some people thought the season was over after week 6 or 7 because it looked bad but Football is a marathon not a sprint. Law of averages told me Houston would start losing because they are no better than us and now we just have to win to make up for a couple of early losses we had that we blew games.

47 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

remember that game Pittsburgh just roasted Denver last year?..smoked 'em like a Christmas ham..

..that hasn't happened to the Broncos this year.

I think their secondary is better than it was last year..

..they just need some first downs early and they haven't been getting them.

They miss CJ Anderson more than I thought they would

they miss him a lot

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's all right there for us now on a silver platter. What has transpired over the past few weeks is why I never say anything is over. Some people thought the season was over after week 6 or 7 because it looked bad but Football is a marathon not a sprint. Law of averages told me Houston would start losing because they are no better than us and now we just have to win to make up for a couple of early losses we had that we blew games.

Some people thought it was over after game 1.....

A win tonight changes everything.... Houston are on a massive downturn and we are on the rise with confidence heading into the final 4 games with the Texans up next at home.... A win tonight and I think we are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs....

Almost...

On 12/4/2016 at 3:20 PM, oldunclemark said:

I think they're almost exactly the same team BCF...they had some ugly losses last year to KC and SD

..That Denver 'D'; is prime time and they are getting little help from the 'O' most days.

Don't bet on Tennessee beating them next Sunday

This wasn't you saying Denver would beat Tennessee?  That's the way I read it when I came across it.  If they were the same team, they'd have a similar record and be a superbowl contender.  At this point, there going to be lucky to get into the playoffs.  Vs Pats @KC vs Oak.  There looking at 9-7 or even 8-8.