Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Jamie Collins End Up a FA This Offseason?

If Jamie Collins is up for contract this year, and decides not to hitch his wagon to the laughing stock of the NFL for the long term, anybody think we give him a nice contract to come here?

I'm thinking Cleveland is probably not where he wants to be long term.

6 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

If Jamie Collins is up for contract this year, and decides not to hitch his wagon to the laughing stock of the NFL for the long term, anybody think we give him a nice contract to come here?

He wants Von Miller type money from what I hear.  I think it's more likely we may hang on to Ayers and maybe Walden while drafting hopefully two stud pass rushers in the draft.   That's probably more likely to happen than us paying Jamie Collins Von Miller money.

4 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

I'm not so sure I would want him.  One of the reasons the Pats got rid of him appears to be that Collins was going off the reservation and doing his own thing.  Possibly because the Pats don't want to pay him.

Either way if a guy is willing to do that, bail on their team like that.  Not sure I want them here.  

The talent is there but I want a team player.

They knew what the situation was with Collins.  He wants the big money and they will give it to him.  They always have the franchise tag as an option.  I think Chandler Jones has a better chance to hit the market and even that is pretty slim.  Our best bet is trading for Richardson after the season is over when everybody knows their  situation more clearly and their draft position. 

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

They knew what the situation was with Collins.  He wants the big money and they will give it to him.  They always have the franchise tag as an option.  I think Chandler Jones has a better chance to hit the market and even that is pretty slim.  Our best bet is trading for Richardson after the season is over when everybody knows their  situation more clearly and their draft position. 

Maybe we could have Art help recruit his little bro. And then the minute the ink dries on Chandler's contract, give Art the boot lol.

On 11/1/2016 at 8:55 AM, krunk said:

He wants Von Miller type money from what I hear.  I think it's more likely we may hang on to Ayers and maybe Walden while drafting hopefully two stud pass rushers in the draft.   That's probably more likely to happen than us paying Jamie Collins Von Miller money.

Nobody is paying Collins Von Miller money.