Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is why I don't blame a GM/Coach (Complaints about the players MERGE)

tfunky14

10 hours ago, John Waylon said:

To say the coach and the GM both aren't largely responsible for the mess we're in is laughable at best. They share the lions share of the blame for our current problems, and then some.

And some more after that.

And yes, even some more after that.

I concur

I can't stand the patriots. I hate the patriots, I hate hoodie.....however. you want to see what a coach does to set a mindset, look at the Jamie Collins trade, reports are he wasn't listening or buying into the coaches so they traded him to worst team in the league. That's sending a message 

THis season I've noticed an overwhelming amount of disconnect between players and a lack of effort/drive. Nobody communicates with each other on the sidelines to lighten up or motivate others, everyone kind of just sits there independently, has anyone else noticed this? Contrasted to 2012, this tranny played like a family, a unit, with chemistry

That being said I think this is more a coaching issue than talent, but maybe I'm being naive and giving the players too much credit. The roster on paper has been improving each year for the most part, so I don't get how there's such a huge dip in performance and effort from the team this year as opposed to any of the other seasons since 2012  

I manage about 100 people a day. Some of them are fantastic, internally-motivated individuals. Some are pieces of crap. 

This is my view on the subject - this is not Chuck's fault, Grigson's fault or the players' fault. The junk team we're seeing is an aggregate sum of all three. Chuck is a mediocre coach that makes some questionable decisions/calls and appears to hold others to a low level of accountability. Grigson has won some and lost some...unfortunately more of the latter. However, I truly don't believe many of our players are playing at their maximum ability. For example, I can't believe a beastly specimen that runs a 4.3 40 can be so poor in coverage. What component of the total accountability falls on the coaches vs the players is up for debate. But I think there are probably some turds in that locker room bringing the average ability of the team down. And on the other hand, there are coaches that aren't addressing those issues. Hence, penalties, apparent lack of effort, and frequent poor performances from some of our best guys.

I don't know. Just my thoughts. 

Blame can be spread around.  But the reality is the Colts need two impact players on defense and one on offense.  Its tough to get those types of players drafting no higher than pick 18.  It takes luck to get them in the lower draft positions. 

The Colts have a good to very good overall roster, but it doesn't have one elite player.  It needs three. And even Luck isn't really playing up to his ability.

On 10/31/2016 at 10:24 AM, tfunky14 said:

Oh man you are so wrong

If a player quits on their "team mates" he is not a professional player, period..

Correct, if the player isn't giving their best effort, it is a bad hire... they spend a lot of time evaluating more than talent, they also do research into attitudes and personalities.  If they are signed and don't put out effort, first you cut them, then you blame the GM for bad hiring practices.  This is why the NFL is smart in not having fully guaranteed contracts.  You can get rid of the rubbish rather than being stuck with them like the NBA. 

17 hours ago, csmopar said:

I can't stand the patriots. I hate the patriots, I hate hoodie.....however. you want to see what a coach does to set a mindset, look at the Jamie Collins trade, reports are he wasn't listening or buying into the coaches so they traded him to worst team in the league. That's sending a message 

Agreed!