Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Green Bay (+3) @ Atlanta (10-30-16)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST...(The A-team) Thom Brenneman, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews dancing with the stars on the sidelines..

...over-under (a very high) 52.5

It seems like Atlanta (4-3) has had a better year than Green bay (4-2) but they haven't,

Packer QB Aaron 'Mr. Olivia Munn' Rodgers (148 of 237, 1,496 yards, 13 TDs, 4 INTs)

has the 'power of 3' available with Jordy Nelson (27 catches, 321 yards, 5 TDs), Davontae Adams (28 catches, 350 yards, 5 TDs) and Randall Cobb (39 catches, 388 yards)

Rodgers threw the ball 56 times against the Bears..and the Falcons defense may be worse than the Bears....7 teams have scored 24 or more vs. Atlanta

..GB has no running backs of note with Eddie Lacy and James Starks both out. Pack will line up WR Ty Montgomery in the backfield..

I guess they couldn't find Donald Brown's phone number....

Atlanta has the No.1 offense in the NFL with Matt Ryan (165 of 244, 2,348 yards, (No. 1 in the NFL) 16 Tds, 4 INTs) throwing to big time Julio Jones (40 catches, 830 yards, No.1 in the NFL) ..Green bay is down 3 cornerbacks for this game. How do guys they just dragged in off the practice squad stop the NFL's top receiver?

Speedy DEvonta Freeman (105 carries, 508 yards,) still having fun on the run...after 1,000 yards last season..

Its Devonate Adams but Devonta Freeman, right?

Either way, That's why the over-under is an outrageous 52.5    Packers front 7 is tough but the back end is soft..

Falcons just hope you score quickly so they can get the ball back and throw it to Julio.

Every once in awhile in a game when both defenses seem overmatched, they defenders take personal offense and rise up!!

This wont be one of those times.

Take the over..this looks like four hours of fun....a 35-31 or 31-28 game.......

7 minutes ago, 19colt said:

Hard to put this one on Rodgers, but win/loss statistics show that he is very bad in close games, especially considering how highly regarded he is. 

Rodgers was very, very good today.....

....as good as I've ever seen him....Falcons just have a lot, too

33-32..great game..as advertised.

If you took the over.....or the Packers...getting 3, cash that ticket

5 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Well that's just fantastic.  Packers are going to be extra ticked at Lambeau next week and fully take advantage of this Colts team for what should be a easy pickings for them, that is unless Luck just flat out dominates on an unprecedented level. 

No offense..but do you really think it matters if they're 'extra ticked'?

.....considering what Rodgers did today without any running backs and 2 of his WRs

..about all we can do against them is rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8 and hope he gets impatient

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No offense..but do you really think it matters if they're 'extra ticked'?

.....considering what Rodgers did today without any running backs and 2 of his WRs

..about all we can do against them is rush 3 or 4 and drop 7 or 8 and hope he gets impatient

None taken, but that does not sound promising at all.  Thing is they could probably also gash the Colts with the run as well, it's just going to be ugly. 

They wont have Eddie Lacy or James Starks.....but they did sign a couple of guys who may be ready to go next week....Maybe Randall Cobb will still be out..but if Vontae Davis cant go....we have to cover Nelson and Adams on maybe 40 plays...

////I'd like to be positive...but we have to block that front as well....we may have to play in bad weather..

.....like you said...we need a career day from Luck and a healthy WR core..

we wont be favored

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They wont have Eddie Lacy or James Starks.....but they did sign a couple of guys who may be ready to go next week....Maybe Randall Cobb will still be out..but if Vontae Davis cant go....we have to cover Nelson and Adams on maybe 40 plays...

////I'd like to be positive...but we have to block that front as well....we may have to play in bad weather..

.....like you said...we need a career day from Luck and a healthy WR core..

we wont be favored

Well, I'm wondering if there is some bad weather maybe it will miraculously work in the Colts favor somehow? :dunno:

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

Well that's just fantastic.  Packers are going to be extra ticked at Lambeau next week and fully take advantage of this Colts team for what should be a easy pickings for them, that is unless Luck just flat out dominates on an unprecedented level. 

We are screwed. We are going TO Green Bay which is basically the NFLs golden boy movie set. And they don't lose often at home and are coming off a high scoring 1 point loss on the road.

And Rodgers is going to go wild on us and Luck will be sacked 20 times.

Our only hope is a snow storm which also helps the Packers and hurts us.

But, it's still going to be a fun game full of grit, guts and chopping wood and rolling balls of butcher knives and a lot of heart. And when it's over Irsay is going to say we should have won but the ball didn't bounce our way 10 to 15 times.

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

We are screwed. We are going TO Green Bay which is basically the NFLs golden boy movie set. And they don't lose often at home and are coming off a high scoring 1 point loss on the road.

And Rodgers is going to go wild on us and Luck will be sacked 20 times.

Our only hope is a snow storm which also helps the Packers and hurts us.

But, it's still going to be a fun game full of grit, guts and chopping wood and rolling balls of butcher knives and a lot of heart. And when it's over Irsay is going to say we should have won but the ball didn't bounce our way 10 to 15 times.

Hahah, I can see the director now "and......Action!!!!"

the director being Mr Rodgers

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Hahah, I can see the director now "and......Action!!!!"

the director being Mr Rodgers

And don't forget that the Packers have a good run defense. So it's important that early and often we try our best to establish the power run game and get it going until the 4th quarter when we try to come back from being down 3 tds and let Luck chuck it all over the place wildly while running from random Packers defenders.

4 minutes ago, Jules said:

And don't forget that the Packers have a good run defense. So it's important that early and often we try our best to establish the power run game and get it going until the 4th quarter when we try to come back from being down 3 tds and let Luck chuck it all over the place wildly while running from random Packers defenders. 

Ohh yeah, I would use power formations and hammer it down their throat with Gore and Ferguson, particularly Ferguson.  I'm pretty sure that's what they will attempt to do.  Pagano is probably salivating at trying to see what they can do to this #1 ranked rush D.  He needs to make sure to use 2x TE sets and a FB all game also.  If they do get down by 20-30, then they could possibly abandon it and just start chucking it in a frenzy to catch up.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Ohh yeah, I would use power formations and hammer it down their throat with Gore and Ferguson, particularly Ferguson.  I'm pretty sure that's what they will attempt to do.  Pagano is probably salivating at trying to see what they can do to this #1 ranked rush D.  He needs to make sure to use 2x TE sets and a FB all game also.  If they do get down by 20-30, then they could possibly abandon it and just start chucking it in a frenzy to catch up.

:lol:

We are in luck though. After today the Packers run D has fallen to just second in the league, but it's close to first still. But, this means with them falling to second they are ripe to be plucked by our power running attacks which can be damn near unstoppable.

Colts are licking their chops to get a hold of that GB run D now that it's starting to show some vulnerabilities. 

Just now, Jules said:

We are in luck though. After today the Packers run D has fallen to just second in the league, but it's close to first still. But, this means with them falling to second they are ripe to be plucked by our power running attacks which can be damn near unstoppable.

Colts are licking their chops to get a hold of that GB run D now that it's starting to show some vulnerabilities. 

Really!  They dropped all the way to #2!  Should be a no brainer to run the ball 50 times, because if your not first, your last!!!  Now I'm really looking froward to next week.

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Really!  They dropped all the way to #2!  Should be a no brainer to run the ball 50 times, because if your not first, your last!!!  Now I'm really looking froward to next week.

I know right? They fell to second just barely today. I mean.........now I know we have a chance to win and upset those punks in Green Bay with that crappy second ranked run defense and lousy starting QB.

Green Bay is on the decline BIG TIME now.......no playoffs for them after our buzz saw comes through their town.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Ok I will stop.

I could keep doing this all night. lmao It's too funny. lmao 

Hahah, yeah it helps a bit at least.  Fortunately, I sat my expectations semi low this year but they definitely so far have taken those expectations and crushed them out of the ballpark.