Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I wasn't taught not to play with fire - make a list of the 10 worst Peyton Manning games

BloodyChamp

And prove that I wouldn't walk through fire with you guys I'll make a list of the 10 worst Favre games. If anybody dares then maybe we can do Luck, the Brady fans that aren't insane can do Brady etc.

1. 2010 Vikings vs Saints - I didn't load this with a bunch of 2010 games because that would be like making a Peyton list with a bunch of 2015 games. They all kind of had built in excuses and that's not what this list is about. This was the game that that began the end though. I don't mean like it began his postprime, his years without MVPs or whatever.  Obviously that happened long ago. This was the end...period. Adding to pain was the fact that it wasn't supposed to end like this for Favre. He had revenge in his sights and could have made his team the uncrowned 2009 SB champions with a win but it didn't happen. 

2. Packers vs Vikings 2004 WC playoff game - this is #1 because it's the only time I've ever seen Favre play scared. He'd took some licks in his career and took some more after this but for whatever reason that pop he took from a guy down the middle whose name escapes me made him DONE for the rest of that game. This ultimately led to that infamous play where he flipped the ball to a WR at the Goal Line knowing he'd crossed the line of scrimmage to avoid getting smashed again. 

3. 2002 Packers vs Falcons WC playoff game - this was the first snow game to really kick Favre's butt. That's basically what this game boiled down to. He just looked slow and he didn't even try to do anything to win the game once it came time for him to try some of his old tricks. I have this higher than some other bigger statistical nightmares because in those he was trying to win the game when nothing else would. Watching him just lose without a fight like another certain Packers quarterback was very frustrating. 

4. 2001 Packers vs Rams Divisional playoff game - I'm not as down on this game as most people. They weren't going to win with lame Mike Sherman's game plan (how can people complain about McCarthy when this guy used to be their coach) and once that was obviously Favre started throwing rocketballs every time...which were intercepted because the WRs were slower than me, another reason this wasn't all on Favre. However any game when you throw 6 INTs won't be a free pass no matter what the problem was.

5. 1999 Packers vs Seahawks - the first big game he ever blew, but like #4 it wasn't all on him. Ray Rhoads turned the well coached Packers into a circus in a mere matter of weeks. This was a big game as it pertained to the playoffs down the line but it was also obviously the first Packers vs Holmgren game.

Ok so I can only do 5 because this is making me hurt physically lol! I think there were a couple bad games in the 2000s when the Bears were good, maybe the Jets game from 2001, but the truth is many of his worst games weren't all on him and in some cases they weren't at all on him. Certain games have been ran into the ground by armchair quarterbacks and and knowitalls in the media. The same goes for Peyton.

In no order:

- 6 INT's vs Chargers - had a bunch of receivers out and still nearly pulled it off, also only multiple INT game that reg season

- Both playoff losses in NE* (note *)

- Also a few early career losses to NE*

- Playoff loss to the Jets

- Playoff loss to the Steelers - poor game but had little help and still could have/should have won

- '01 vs 49ers (Mora: Playoffs???)

- '10 vs Chargers 4 INT, 59.8 PR

- '08 vs Packers 2 INT, 46.6 PR

- ''01 vs Dolphins 3 INT, 35 PR

- '02 vs Dolphins 3 INT, 56.6 PR

Funny how PM rarely lost to NE* after they were exposed for Spygate...