Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Chudzinski

TKnight24

29 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

I like Ted M.  "we are nowhere where we need to be"  and "questionable effort"  in the Miller TD.  Calling it exactly what it is without throwing the players under the bus.  Exactly what I wish Pagano would do.  

Not sure what there is to like. His defense sucks. Worst in the NFL and is the main reason we are 2-4. 

He he didn't say anything that would make me like him. He just stated the  obvious 

he he will be the first scapegoat for Pags as he places blame on someone else for his failures 

9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Not sure what there is to like. His defense sucks. Worst in the NFL and is the main reason we are 2-4. 

He he didn't say anything that would make me like him. He just stated the  obvious 

he he will be the first scapegoat for Pags as he places blame on someone else for his failures 

SCAPE:goat:

3 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Not defending his defense.  Simply putting out like the language and wish it was reflective of Pagano as well. 

Stating the obvious is something Pagano has failed to do for years.  

4 hours ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

I like Ted M.  "we are nowhere where we need to be"  and "questionable effort"  in the Miller TD.  Calling it exactly what it is without throwing the players under the bus.  Exactly what I wish Pagano would do.  

Pagano did.  If you watch his post-game presser, he says we need to be better and things must improve.

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Pagano did.  If you watch his post-game presser, he says we need to be better and things must improve.

He said that after the Houston game.  Which I liked... They do lack the killer instinct.  He's backed off of those comments at practice this week,  saying that they do have it.  

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

That's what I wanted to hear!  finally he's being real about what's going on with this team,  and calling out the poor play.

:sarcasm:

7 hours ago, Jaric said:

Can you imagine in the pre-Grigson/Pagano era hearing a coach talk about questionable effort?

it wouldn't happen because it would never be tolerated on any level nor do I recall it ever being an issue... this team has no leadership, from the owner to the GM to the coaches to the players.  Mathis is a dead man walking and our other supposed leader at inside LB is playing so poorly, he's leading the poor play by example.  Davis, our best D player, has never been known as a leader...I think all of these "nice" guys have led to "no effort" when the division leadership and playoffs were not only on the line, but in our pocket with a little late game effort.  

7 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

It'll be hard for Pagano to dump Monachino after one year without any collateral damage to himself.

Monachino was Pags hand picked guy.    They're friends.    Hard to see Pagano giving Monachino one year after giving Manusky four years.

Your hate for Pagano is showing.....

3 hours ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Not defending his defense.  Simply putting out like the language and wish it was reflective of Pagano as well. 

Stating the obvious is something Pagano has failed to do for years.  

You think Pagano doesn't know that he stating the obvious?      Seriously?

It's called not publicly throwing players, coaches or the front office under the bus.

It's called keeping things behind closed doors.      Nagano does this deliberately.

He doesn't give a rip that you don't like it.     He cares that his players appreciate that he rarely rips them in public.     That's, in part,  why his players play hard for him.     The team plays hard even when we're losing.

We're losing because we don't have much talent.

Ripping players in public and "telling it like it is" may make you feel good,  but only bad coaches do that.    Winning coaches almost never do this.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think Pagano doesn't know that he stating the obvious?      Seriously?

It's called not publicly throwing players, coaches or the front office under the bus.

It's called keeping things behind closed doors.      Nagano does this deliberately.

He doesn't give a rip that you don't like it.     He cares that his players appreciate that he rarely rips them in public.     That's, in part,  why his players play hard for him.     The team plays hard even when we're losing.

We're losing because we don't have much talent.

Ripping players in public and "telling it like it is" may make you feel good,  but only bad coaches do that.    Winning coaches almost never do this.

What I'm saying is there is a line you can walk; you can give at least the  appearance of accountability without throwing people under the bus.  That's the problem with Pagano,  he doesn't give any appearance of accountability ever.  Now of course,  things happen behind closed doors.  But that's why the stigma has stuck with him.  

You are right,  we don't have the players (and never really have in this regime)  and that's not on the coaching.  But what is on the coaching is the lack of basic fundamentals.  I do believe that if  we had more competent coaching we'd be 4-2 ish right now.  

I think you and I are in agreement for the most part.  It's good that Pags doesn't rip players publicly.  And that's not what I think he should do.  But I would like to see him give the appearance of accountability as Ted has done instead of  the relentless cliches and hyperbole.  

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It'll be hard for Pagano to dump Monachino after one year without any collateral damage to himself.

Monachino was Pags hand picked guy.    They're friends.    Hard to see Pagano giving Monachino one year after giving Manusky four years.

Your hate for Pagano is showing.....

I have never wanted him after I saw the difference between he and Arians when he was sick

i don't hate the guy.  Just think he's in over his head and time is ticking ticking ticking on our time with Luck

12 hours ago, JPFolks said:

it wouldn't happen because it would never be tolerated on any level nor do I recall it ever being an issue... this team has no leadership, from the owner to the GM to the coaches to the players.  Mathis is a dead man walking and our other supposed leader at inside LB is playing so poorly, he's leading the poor play by example.  Davis, our best D player, has never been known as a leader...I think all of these "nice" guys have led to "no effort" when the division leadership and playoffs were not only on the line, but in our pocket with a little late game effort.  

Exactly.  I'll put up with quite a bit when it comes to bad play, but lack of effort will get me checking out very quickly.