Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time For Pagano To Build A Solid Staff

Dtman513

I do like the hiring of Pagano, I think that means bigger and better things for the defense.

My only concern, is that I hope this doesn't parallel the situation that happened in St.Louis....A defensive coordinator becoming head coach with a rookie QB in the mix.....Steve Spagnuolo and Sam Bradford....

Spagnuolo lasted 2 seasons with the Rams and had a record of 10-38

With the looming drafting of Andrew Luck, this draws the parallel like I mentioned about St. Louis. A rookie head coach and his rookie QB. I hope that Pagano can build a solid coaching staff to compliment whatever QB takes the field and create a solid defense as well.

Obviously, offense isn't a big concern if Manning comes back because he basically runs the offense. I'm talking more along the hypothetical of "What If?" regarding Manning.

But, as for the future of the franchaise, I hope Pagano can make it work so we can get back to winning.

I absolutely feel your sediment of a "likely" situation...but in all respect I think the Colts are built differently than the Rams and I believe that Pagano is superior than Spagnuolo in "potentional" for a head coach...of course thats all just a personal opinion but I get exactly what you are saying.

One of the problems in St Louis was the lack of playmakers for Bradford. He had no one to throw the ball to. Their defense was alright, led by Long and Laurinitis, but their offense was brutal. Not only could they not protect Bradford, but they couldn't provide him with many weapons. I don't think that'll be an issue here

Exciting times for sure, waiting to see who he gets to help him shore up the defense. I believe he will want current OC to make some changes, if he don't, he maybe gone as well. I think he'll want a more conservative offense.

More conventional? Fine. More conservative? God, I hope not. That's been just as much a part of our problem over the years as the vanilla defense. I'd like to see an aggressive play caller come in as our next o-coordinator. Tired of seeing the Colts settle for field goals on 4th down at the 1 yard line. This team needs swagger on both sides of the ball

More conventional? Fine. More conservative? God, I hope not. That's been just as much a part of our problem over the years as the vanilla defense. I'd like to see an aggressive play caller come in as our next o-coordinator. Tired of seeing the Colts settle for field goals on 4th down at the 1 yard line. This team needs swagger on both sides of the ball

In the past the team scored pretty quick. You want to rest the defense, especially while trying to improve that side of the ball. There are times to be aggressive for sure. I like scoring but it does no good if you score 35 and give up 38

In the past the team scored pretty quick. You want to rest the defense, especially while trying to improve that side of the ball. There are times to be aggressive for sure. I like scoring but it does no good if you score 35 and give up 38

Well, obviously, I don't want us to be stupid on offense and go for it on every 4th down. I'd just like to see a coordinator who would at least consider going for it, rather than signaling for the kicker every time by default. We got too predictable on offense, and I'd like to see a guy come in here and bring a little elusiveness to our play calling. A good example would be Jim Harbaugh calling that Qb sweep TD run for Smith against the Saints when conventional wisdom says that that was a passing down and distance. Perfect call against a blitz happy coordinator who gambles too much. We need somebody with the moxie and courage to think outside the box.