Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's up with Carolina

danlhart87

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Ok I can see that.  I could also see how the post super bowl pressure could be affecting the whole team not just Cam.  

These guys looked pre-season like they had a solid shot of getting back to the SB.  

Yeah, it's odd.  They have lots of talent.  And I'm not a big believer in the Super Bowl hangover.  Even if you lose the Super Bowl, you're off football from February to August.  That's plenty of time to rest and get ready for another season

What's up with Carolina?  What's up with Cincinatti?  What's up with the New York Jets?  Green Bays supposed to have all this great personnel yet there is only a one point differential between what they've scored and what their defense has allowed.   You know it's all about personnel right?  Those top draft picks fix everything right?  That good personnel solves everything right?  Doesn't seem to be the case

I can't believe Cam Newton keeps walking away from his media obligations after losing to the Saints. Did losing the SB to the Broncos teach him nothing? Apparently no.  

I have lost so much respect for him now. You don't get to run away when the road gets a little bumpy Cam. 

RadioGirl was right when she said after the SB that Newton was an immature cry baby. I was wrong. She was right. I stand corrected. The guy just doesn't know the meaning of the word professionalism. 

19 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I can't believe Cam Newton keeps walking away from his media obligations after losing to the Saints. Did losing the SB to the Broncos teach him nothing? Apparently no.  

I have lost so much respect for him now. You don't get to run away when the road gets a little bumpy Cam. 

RadioGirl was right when she said after the SB that Newton was an immature cry baby. I was wrong. She was right. I stand corrected. The guy just doesn't know the meaning of the word professionalism. 

Cam is a very good player who as long as the spot light is shined on him when things are going good it's all good to him.

But when things are not going good he is not mature enough to handle it.

He might grow up someday who knows?

I am kind of tired of hearing the excuses made for him about what he does off field like it effects what he does on field and how he handles his job. When you are the starting QB you represent your team as well.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Cam is a very good player who as long as the spot light is shined on him when things are going good it's all good to him.

But when things are not going good he is not mature enough to handle it.

He might grow up someday who knows?

I am kind of tired of hearing the excuses made for him about what he does off field like it effects what he does on field and how he handles his job. When you are the starting QB you represent your team as well.

I need to say this first. I need to apologize to Peyton Manning first after I criticized him for not answering questions to my satisfaction after his loss to Seattle in 2013 at the SB. The Sheriff at least answered questions in a respectful non smug, condescending way. Manning at least took the heat, the questions, & didn't run for the nearest exit. 

Now, if you wanna call me an colossal jerk for my previously unfounded stance, you're entirely justified in that position. I deserve that. Sorry 18. I should have known better. 

It just infuriates me that Newton just doesn't get it. How lucky he is to be a starting NFL QB & what real leadership means. Please Cam grow up & earn the dignity of that HOF jersey number you wear in Warren Moon please. 

Do Cam's actions influence my daily life in any way, shape, or form? No. I guess I just respect people who don't run from responsibility & own their own shortcomings. There is no strength in pretending a loss didn't happen or admitting you have work to do & make mistakes.

I am drawn to that quality in people & Presidential candidates BTW. Owning up to your failures, striving to improve, that's what inspiration & chemistry are made of Cam. Just model yourself after your own teammate Greg Olson. I love that guy. 

Half of life is just showing up & standing tall when your first reflex is flight. 

Off topic slightly:I know what you're thinking...If I claim I respect people who answer the tough questions during times of adversity, then why am I so quick to abandon ship on the Pagano/Grigson era in INDY all of a sudden? 

It's like when you know a relationship is over even though you both pretend it isn't. Why delay the inevitable? Cut bait & make a clean break for your own good. 

I like Chuck & wish him well & I have nothing against Ryan really. It's just not working out. Simple as that. They can finish out the yr. I'm cool with that. 

On 10/18/2016 at 3:24 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah, it's odd.  They have lots of talent.  And I'm not a big believer in the Super Bowl hangover.  Even if you lose the Super Bowl, you're off football from February to August.  That's plenty of time to rest and get ready for another season

There are a couple things here.  

One is that you tend to play a tougher schedule next year because you most likely won a division and so you play other division winners.  

Two it's just tough to repeat in the NFL.  

Three your opponents may be more focused if they see you as being a talented team.  

Four your free agents typically get plucked up by other teams.

I think there is good reason to say that teams who make the SB don't do as well next year.  But I would agree with you that the reason why likely doesn't have to do with the fact that the team that made the SB got lazy or less focused.  

What's wrong with Carolina? Superman Cam left his cape at home. By the way they have a worse record than we do at 1-5 with a much better Roster - Cam and Luck cancel each other out but there Defensive personnel is much better. There Coach is supposedly miles better than ours as well going by how people talk. Cam even has Benjamin this season and Olsen is arguably the best TE in Football. Explain that one?

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cam even has Benjamin this season and Olsen is arguably the best TE in Football. Explain that one?

Yeah, that is kind of ironic that Cam is without Benjamin for their SB run & lights it up. Then, Newton gets Benjamin back & Cam plays like he couldn't make a pee wee football roster. Very strange. 

Could you imagine if we had Olson on our roster right now? Hey now, I'd being doing  cartwheels man. 

Well, not really. But, I'd be stoked man. 

8 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, that is kind of ironic that Cam is without Benjamin for their SB run & lights it up. Then, Newton gets him back & he gets Benjamin back & Cam plays like he couldn't make a pee wee football roster. Very strange. 

Could you imagine if we had Olson on our roster right now? Hey now, I'd being doing  cartwheels man. 

Well, not really. But, I'd be stoked man. 

Really a head scratcher because that was one thing Carolina fans were preaching in regards to Cam being elite, that he had no WR's to throw too. Then he gets Benjamin back and he cant hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle passing the ball.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Really a head scratcher because that was one thing Carolina fans were preaching in regards to Cam being elite, that had no WR's to throw too. Then he gets Benjamin back and he cant hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle passing the ball.

I can't remember the last time a premier athlete reached the pinnacle of their profession, everything flowed crisp & clean like a machine, & then the wheels either fell off or the rubber melted meaning Cam Newton's confidence disintegrated almost overnight. I've never seen anything like this in football in the modern era. The depth of the rise & scope of the plummet or fallout. 

11 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I can't remember the last time a premier athlete reached the pinnacle of their profession, everything flowed crisp & clean like a machine, & then the wheels either fell off or the rubber melted meaning Cam Newton's confidence disintegrated almost overnight. I've never seen anything like this in football in the modern era. The depth of the rise & scope of the plummet or fallout. 

I think the Broncos exposed them, Cam hasn't been the same since the SB. Almost like we haven't been the same since the 2014 AFC Title Game when the Pats beat us. However Luck is still playing solid Football at least.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Broncos exposed them, Cam hasn't been the same since the SB. Almost like we haven't been the same since the 2014 AFC Title Game when the Pats beat us. However Luck is still playing solid Football at least.

Good point. The 2015 season was not a good yr for either Steph Curry & the Golden State Warriors or Cam & the Cats going from a roar to a meow. Here comes Von Miller again #1. Bang! Gotta keep your head on a swivel son. LOL! 

Yes, Andrew is still Andrew with some new & improved tools in his toolbox--Throwing the ball away, getting down, & unlike Tony Romo, Chewy knows how to slide.