Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I love that Nate moved Monta and Robinson to the bench. Glenn was a serviceable starter but CJ is better suited to start imo

Monta and Glenn... with Big Al and (usually) LaVoy Allen (Not with Thad Young out) would be verty strong io we had another 3-point shooter

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Forget the rating..watch us play....Stuckey is more than barely playng.

'Only 2 good games"......

Please watch.....we've won 7 in a row..with bench contributiions....why cut us down?

You're acting like these rumors have no merit. Stuckey has only played 2 games of this 7 game win streak. That's a fact. Monta Ellis has played horrible except for the last two games. That's a fact. Al Jefferson is awful on defense mostly due to his age. That is a fact. 

Even Paul George has stated that the bench needs to get better so the starters don't have to come in late in the fourth to protect the lead. Everyone on this forum has been wanting to trade for somebody. The bench is definitely improving but I'm not going to sit here and act like any trade rumor that could possibly improve our bench is ridiculous.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I do like the bench. Monta, Glenn, Big Al and sometimes LaVoy. Of course, when Thad comes back he will start. I'm not usually a big fan of Lavoy but he has played well the last couple games

If he continues to play with this confidence he will be a big help to that bench definitely. Who would have thought a couple weeks ago he was a DNP-CD

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Jeff Teague is such a good PG. I've loved this guy going back to when he played at Wake Forest for two years. Trading G Hill for him was a win. G Hill was good but Teague better fits this team

Agreed. Teague is playing like one of the best PGs in the league IMO.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

He can't guard Frye. He just can't. It's not all about offense. They need to put him back out there when Thompson comes back in.

It doesnt matter..he contributes and he goes back to the bench..we have t have that production..

IT s not al about defense either.

I know you don't like Jefferson  but he's a big key for us

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

It doesnt matter..he contributes and he goes back to the bench..we have t have that production..

IT s not al about defense either.

I know you don't like Jefferson  but he's a big key for us

I do like Jefferson. Don't know what you're talking about. I just don't think people should act like he is still a starter in this league willingly playing off the bench because he isn't.

I just thought you meant he should have stayed out there but I read your other post.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I do like Jefferson. Don't know what you're talking about. I just don't think people should act like he is still a starter in this league willingly playing off the bench because he isn't.

I just thought you meant he should have stayed out there but I read your other post.

Al Jefferson is great off the bench. He's a good post player and that can definitely help during certain points in the game

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I just thought you meant he should have stayed out there. My bad.

No..not at all...I ONLY want him to play 10-15 minutes a night and mentor Myles in practice.

I don't EVER want him to start

I agree. He  cant play much against Cleveland & Golden State because they play small ball.

But he helps us by scoring 4 or 5 buckets down low a game...

We didn't have that the last few years

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. Some people think more of him though.

We knew he wouldn't start over Myles Turner. But where he has really helped is giving Myles tips on how to play the game. This has been said during on court interviews. And that's just awesome

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

We knew he wouldn't start over Myles Turner. But where he has really helped is giving Myles tips on how to play the game. This has been said during on court interviews. And that's just awesome

There's interviews where AL has said he thinks this move extends his career..

..playing backup.....He's old and he knows his type of center....in not in vogue inn the NBA..

He wants to be the backup