Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When it rains it pours for the Bills

PeterBowman

The dude just signed a big contract this is stupid why could'nt he be a lil smarter like study for the test or just quit .

In addition to Dareus, the team will be without second-year running backKarlos Williams for the first four games of the season for a violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy. The Bills will be subject to a steep fine from the NFL based on the NFL's remittance policy -- the result of having multiple players suspended in a single season.

Dareus, 26, was named to the Pro Bowl in 2013 and 2014. The third-overall pick of the 2011 draft, Dareus signed a six-year, $100 million extension with the Bills last September.

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Bills ripped Dareus in announcing his suspension.  I think they are done giving him any more chances.  He could be on the block right now. 

So?

He could also be facing a year long suspension with one more incident.   

You really want to trade for that headache?

Not me.....

Why Does the league even let players continue to play after they keep failing PED drug tests again and again. It's pretty clear they don't respect the integrity of the game. They're literally cheating and trying to gain unfair advantages at their job. Is it not obvious that they'll continue to try and find new PEDs that don't show on the tests (these exist). This doesn't really bother me but I was just wondering why they don't take it more seriously. 

10 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Why Does the league even let players continue to play after they keep failing PED drug tests again and again. It's pretty clear they don't respect the integrity of the game. They're literally cheating and trying to gain unfair advantages at their job. Is it not obvious that they'll continue to try and find new PEDs that don't show on the tests (these exist). This doesn't really bother me but I was just wondering why they don't take it more seriously. 

Short answer: if there was real PED testing, there would be no NFL anymore. Steroids are so dominate in American sports to the point, it has a subculture on it's own. 

Speaking of the Bills, I just watched Buffalo pulverize the NY Giants 21-0. 

Man, did Big Blue's offense look horrible. They didn't get a 1st down until about 7:34 left in the 3rd quarter. QB Ryan Nassib couldn't complete a pass to save his life. RB Bobby Rainey ripped off like a 60 yard run & then Tom Obarski totally misses a routine field goal kick. Oy Vey! Just pathetic...Any reason why Victor Cruz wasn't even on the field. Why not?! Did HC Ben McAdoo think his rusty WR needed more rest? Are you kidding me? Unbelievable. 

The only good thing they did decent tonight was this: Their punter on Special Teams, Brad Wing, pinned Buffalo deep in their own territory once. Even Eli Manning & Odell Beckum had no touchdowns to brag about. Just dreadful. Giants safety Cooper Taylor did pick off EJ Manuel once. 

Overall, the Giants just sucked on offense. Their run defense was stout, but it's going be a long season for MetLife Stadium fans like me this season. Ouch! 

On 8/17/2016 at 11:06 PM, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Most of the player suspensions are for Substance abuse, not violating the Steroid Policy.  Marcel Dareus has entered Rehab, this after stating his suspension was for 'missing' a drug test.  I don't know many people who enter rehab because of an hGH addiction...

On 8/17/2016 at 11:16 PM, Bogie said:

Short answer: if there was real PED testing, there would be no NFL anymore. Steroids are so dominate in American sports to the point, it has a subculture on it's own. 

My suspicion is the Steroid policy is pretty good at catching the occasional 'casual' cheater.  But those athletes really into the science are doping up and getting away with it, and if caught, are sometimes winning appeals.  The likely combo; low dose synthetic Testosterone + synthetic - Recombinant Human Growth Hormone ( rhGH ).  The NFL doesn't test on game day, so players can inject in the morning and play later that day.  The isomer test has a 10-20 hour detection window, so next day testing, the athlete is home free.

You can be tested immediately any time at team facilities, so don't do it there.  Off site, the NFL gives 24 hour notice for PED testing.  Again, outside the 10-20 detection window.  So the NFL and NFLPA agreed to hGH testing in the last CBA, but they really didn't test for it until John McCain sent a letter to them even demanding stricter testing.  So they did, but the Isomer Test just isn't a good test, any way you spin it.

How many people have got caught violating the Steroid policy by using rhGH?  None that I know.  In 2013, 2,798 Isomer test were administered to athletes around the world.  Result?  Not a single suspension was handed out.

Just like there are ways and means a player can smoke weed without getting caught in the NFL, they can dope up as well.  The player just has to be smart and know a few things like timing , etc.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3059541/

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Most of the player suspensions are for Substance abuse, not violating the Steroid Policy.  Marcel Dareus has entered Rehab, this after stating his suspension was for 'missing' a drug test.  I don't know many people who enter rehab because of an hGH addiction...

My suspicion is the Steroid policy is pretty good at catching the occasional 'casual' cheater.  But those athletes really into the science are doping up and getting away with it, and if caught, are sometimes winning appeals.  The likely combo; low dose synthetic Testosterone + synthetic - Recombinant Human Growth Hormone ( rhGH ).  The NFL doesn't test on game day, so players can inject in the morning and play later that day.  The isomer test has a 10-20 hour detection window, so next day testing, the athlete is home free.

You can be tested immediately any time at team facilities, so don't do it there.  Off site, the NFL gives 24 hour notice for PED testing.  Again, outside the 10-20 detection window.  So the NFL and NFLPA agreed to hGH testing in the last CBA, but they really didn't test for it until John McCain sent a letter to them even demanding stricter testing.  So they did, but the Isomer Test just isn't a good test, any way you spin it.

How many people have got caught violating the Steroid policy by using rhGH?  None that I know.  In 2013, 2,798 Isomer test were administered to athletes around the world.  Result?  Not a single suspension was handed out.

Just like there are ways and means a player can smoke weed without getting caught in the NFL, they can dope up as well.  The player just has to be smart and know a few things like timing , etc.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3059541/

Well yeah, but that's why I specified fails  tests for PEDs. Unless marijuana and other such drugs are considered performance enhancing drugs (they could be, I don't actually know the NFLs definition)? 

The NFL separates the 'recreational use' drugs from the 'performance enhancing' variety.  How and when drug tests are administered for them is different as well.  The Banned Substances (PED's) list will get a player 4 games suspension on the first offense.

Here's the Substance abuse policy, followed by the steroid policy, followed by the banned substances list-

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Player Development/2015 Policy and Program on Substances of Abuse.pdf

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Player Development/2015 Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances.pdf

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Active Players/BannedSubstanceList2015.pdf