Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets, Ryan Fitzpatrick get deal done

shakedownstreet

3 hours ago, BOTT said:

The day I get excited about someone like Fitzpatrick being my starting QB someone please hit he in the head with a hammer.

I would never hit you with a hammer BOTT, but if you forced me to, I'd pick one of those cheap, kid's hammers like this one...

4471587-Plastic-Toy-Hammer-on-White-Back

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

wonder why he accepted $12 mil for a year...

..he wanted much more, I thought

A compromise....

Reportedly,  Fitz can make another $3-4 Mill in incentives....     only the $12 Mill base is guaranteed.

The rest is earned on the field.....

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A compromise....

Reportedly,  Fitz can make another $3-4 Mill in incentives....     only the $12 Mill base is guaranteed.

The rest is earned on the field.....

I would imagine making the Playoffs would be a huge payoff incentive. Surprisingly his teams have never made the Playoffs with him at starter.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would imagine making the Playoffs would be a huge payoff incentive. Surprisingly his teams have never made the Playoffs with him at starter.

And those who don't like Fitzpatrick would note that last year,  all the Jets had to do was win week 17 vs. Buffalo and they were in the playoffs.

And Buffalo, with nothing to play for (except Rex Ryan beating his old team)  upset the Jets and kept them from the post-season.      Fitz played poorly and the Jets lost.      There are many that think that says it all about Fitz.   Good enough to get you near the playoffs.     Bad enough to keep you from getting in.

Maybe this year is different?

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

And those who don't like Fitzpatrick would note that last year,  all the Jets had to do was win week 17 vs. Buffalo and they were in the playoffs.

And Buffalo, with nothing to play for (except Rex Ryan beating his old team)  upset the Jets and kept them from the post-season.      Fitz played poorly and the Jets lost.      There are many that think that says it all about Fitz.   Good enough to get you near the playoffs.     Bad enough to keep you from getting in.

Maybe this year is different?

Yeah I still don't see them as a Playoff team. Patriots will win that Division IMO which then they have to get in as a WildCard and so many teams in the AFC could go 9-7 or 10-6 at that point.

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I still don't see them as a Playoff team. Patriots will win that Division IMO which then they have to get in as a WildCard and so many teams in the AFC could go 9-7 or 10-6 at that point.

Yeah....   and the Colts could be one of those 9-7 or 10-6 teams.   (I have 10-6).....    so, I hope we win the South.    Getting in as a wild card could get very, very crowded.......

37 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah....   and the Colts could be one of those 9-7 or 10-6 teams.   (I have 10-6).....    so, I hope we win the South.    Getting in as a wild card could get very, very crowded.......

Yeah I could see the Colts, Texans, Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Bengals, along with the Jets all bunched up. If the Bengals win their Division then the Steelers would be in that WildCard mix.

I wouldn't count out the Jets. That offense could be pretty damn good, but it all depends on Fitzpatrick again. He has his old playmakers along with a few new ones including Forte. The defense speaks for itself. Will be interesting in the AFC East this year.