Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Defense As Of Now....

MarquisJ

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

Think you are going to be surprised if Doyle has to play a larger role. We have some talented young WR's as well. Turbin is a proven back up at RB Ferguson and Williams are capable change of pace guys. No team is doing well if you get to 3rd or 4th on the depth chart. You might be surprised if you wait to see what we have before deciding there is nothing. 

I figure you intended to reply to me with this...

I do like Doyle...he has a workman like approach to the game.   He catches the football and helps keep the chain moving.  My main concern at TE is actually Dwayne Allen.  I'm concerned about his ability to stay healthy...given his history.  As they say...the biggest ability is availability.   If he goes down for an extended period of time...all of a sudden we are very thin at that position. 

I am intrigued with Josh Ferguson in the backfield but trying to temper my excitement until I actually see what he does on the field.  I've heard good things...we'll see. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, BOTT said:

The Colts have never asked him to be a pass catching TE because he isn't one.  About all he is going to do,is catch a 5 harder and get cut done immediately.

We don't know that. He averaged over 10 yards and over 43 yards per game in college. He has not been ask to more than that with the Colts. That is going to change IMO this season.

Doyle is a n all around TE that can get you 600-700 yards a season and be a decent blocking TE. He is never going to be Tony Gonzalez or a Gronk in terms of athleticism but he is more than capable of averaging 10-13 yards a catch and recording 60 or so catches a season. He has some all around talent if Luck throws it his way. Never going to have the elite athleticism but he will produce and can put up big numbers if thrown to. you don't have to be an elite athletic TE to do that. He can find the soft spot in the zone and go

59 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Doyle is a n all around TE that can get you 600-700 yards a season and be a decent blocking TE. He is never going to be Tony Gonzalez or a Gronk in terms of athleticism but he is more than capable of averaging 10-13 yards a catch and recording 60 or so catches a season. He has some all around talent if Luck throws it his way. Never going to have the elite athleticism but he will produce and can put up big numbers if thrown to. you don't have to be an elite athletic TE to do that. He can find the soft spot in the zone and go

I agree IMO he just needs an opportunity to prove himself with out " Coby  Goldie locks " Fleener out there he will get playing time and show people he's better than most realize .. A diamond in the rough IMO ..