Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2nd Circut denies Brady's request for rehearing

bababooey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I doubt SCOTUS gives this any attention, seriously...do you?

No idea. As ColtsBlueFL has pointed out, if there's a split between the Brady decision and the Peterson decision, it increases the odds that Supreme Court looks into it. It's a labor law issue, which affects more than just the NFL and is not about football PSI.

I've said before that I resent the fact that NFLPA collectively bargained and agreed to broad powers for the commissioner (and has been doing so for decades now), but decides to undermine that agreement every time they don't like a decision. It's duplicitous, IMO. I'm all for fair practices and due process and all that, but if I tell the wife that she gets to pick where we have dinner, it would be childish and unfair of me to belittle her choice the whole time we're eating. 

28 minutes ago, Gramz said:

@Superman  I've long since lost track of the AP case. What are we expecting to happen there?

Sorry to step in Sup...

Adrian Peterson was suspended indefinitely in 2014 (we all know the 'switch' story) and would have to petition Roger Goodell after April 15, 2015 to play in 2015.  The NFLPA took it to the 8th district Federal court where Judge Doty ruled in favor of Peterson and referred the case back to the Arbitrator Shyam Das. Goodell then put Peterson on the exempt list, then later had to re-instate Peterson without a petition.  The NFL felt the judge overstepped his power and that Roger Goodell has the power to administer punishment for NFL rules violations, and that the punishment was confirmed in arbitration and should not be vacated (which Doty did).  There has been no decision on the NFL's appeal, but it is very interesting now.

Can't you just picture late night comedy hosts tonight over Brady finally agreeing to sit down? The jokes write themselves...

Deflate this...Money can't buy your way out of every jam, & some of us are full of more hot air than others...

Thank you for reading the tea leaves Tommy & finally coming to your senses. Modern day miracles do happen man. Imagine that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2016 at 11:46 AM, Yehoodi said:

Yes from what I hear he has 90 days to file a petition with the Supreme Court.  Then the court will need time to decide on the petition.  I do not know the timing of the rulings on petitions, but one would guess it would likely be after the season is over; and if denied, he would serve his 4 game suspension starting in 2017 season.

As for the stay of execution of the 2nd Circuit's decision, I would be surprised if he is not granted a stay from either the 2nd Circuit panel or the single justice in the Supreme Court.  Basically, he has a strong argument for irreparable harm as he could not get his games back if he wins his case.  

Surprise!!!