Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict THIS!!! Will the Colts Trade Down in the First Round and With Who?

WarGhost21

Will the Colts trade down in the first round and with who?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. ????

• Won't trade pick away
    • Buffalo Bills
    • New York Jets
    • Washington Redskins
    • Houston Texans
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Kansas City Cheifs
    • Arizona Cardinals
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Denver Broncos
    • Trade Up

This, by all accounts, is a very weak ER class. The top two or three guys will probably be gone with Spence being the lone exception.  Taking an ER early is a reach for this class but teams will do it because they are desperate.  Just like the two trades for the QBs.  Both are not ready to start but the teams are desperate.  If we take an ER at 18 he will probably be a situational 3rd. down pass rusher to start and will be a long shot to be a three down player.  I would much rather pick an IOL who would be an immediate impact four down starter with all pro potential.  If you want to help the pass rush we would be better off taking one of the NT or DT from a DL class that is loaded with high level talent and could also be a starter. 

On April 22, 2016 at 5:15 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Go watch the Alabama game from 14 and their Michigan game from this year... The guy has excellent vision. Trust me, as a Buckeye fan, that 14 line was pretty much all underclassmen and not that great. He also didn't start until week 3 or 4 against Cincy that year and easily could have put up huge numbers.

Best back to come out of Ohio State since Eddie George IMO. Who actually won a Heisman(George), and made the transition to be a very good pro. 

7 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I hope so...

It's by far the most pressing need and pass rushers need to be taken early in the draft.

OL can be mid to late picks and still be good.

Our recent run of later round draft picks has not supported your theory.  The only good O lineman they've gotten was Mewhort in the 2nd

21 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I hope so...

It's by far the most pressing need and pass rushers need to be taken early in the draft.

OL can be mid to late picks and still be good.

My hope is we draft 

1st pass rusher 

2nd center

3rd MLB/Fs 

4th Rb 

Bpa 

Bpa 

On 4/27/2016 at 4:36 AM, JPFolks said:

Our recent run of later round draft picks has not supported your theory.  The only good O lineman they've gotten was Mewhort in the 2nd

I know he is still an unknown, but Good showed some promise in the 4 games he played last season. That's some serious value for a 7th rounder.

I know what you mean though, Ulrick John never really showed anything, Thornton has potential but never lives up to it and keeps getting hurt, Holmes is such a mixed bag but mostly bad,...

I still would prefer a pass rusher in the first, but Im not going to be upset if we go Ryan Kelly or Decker / Jack / Conklin etc. 

On 4/26/2016 at 3:09 PM, Chucklez said:

Our only viable trade partner that I can think of or see being realistic is the Broncos. And that's only IF Lynch falls to 18th.... Which I highly doubt he will after the recent pick trading shenanigans.

I think there's a outside chance of Cleveland taking Cook over Lynch with their first pick, causing Lynch to drop.

I'm not sure what NY, Arizona, or Denver think of Cook, but my best guess is that four QBs go in the first... Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anybody trades up, but the possibility isn't as remote as it may seem, imo.

If you would've asked me if QBs go 1,2 a month ago, i'd have chuckled it off, now it's 99% certain.