Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigsons draft strategy (BPA)

The Best Player Available at a position of need might not be the Best Football player.  It's like passing over a chance to draft Lawrence Taylor just to acquire Ali Marpet who is the Best Offensive Lineman available at the time of the pick.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

BPA, with the 18th pick in the 2016 Draft the Colts select Ezekiel Elliot LOL. @Superman if that happens you will be busy locking threads haha 

Truthfully, if Elliott is there at #18, he'll be the best player. Little question in my mind. I have him in my top five.

But yeah, he's a RB, so I wouldn't be thrilled with that pick. To me, that's where the other fundamental principles of drafting come into play, specifically, maximizing value.

And yes, the board would be a mess, no doubt about it. It's gonna be a mess either way, though, no matter what the pick is.

Just now, Superman said:

Truthfully, if Elliott is there at #18, he'll be the best player. Little question in my mind. I have him in my top five.

But yeah, he's a RB, so I wouldn't be thrilled with that pick. To me, that's where the other fundamental principles of drafting come into play, specifically, maximizing value.

And yes, the board would be a mess, no doubt about it. It's gonna be a mess either way, though, no matter what the pick is.

He wont be there at 18 but I can only imagine how it would be here if somehow we took him. I think he could be Great in the NFL actually.