Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coby Fleeners worth as a tight end?

loudnproudcolt

For some perspective on the Dwight Allen deal and what Coby is worth, I thought it was interesting NFL.com had Dwight Allen rated as the second best FA at his position. Coby on the other hand is rated the number 11 best FA TE. The main reason is because of drops. We all know about that. I think that played a big role into why we signed Dwight to the deal we did. I also think after Wed. we are going to see it is not that bad of a deal when money starts flying around. We are only stuck for two years if it goes bad. Also, I believe Coby is going to get paid more, at least 8M a year. Is he worth that? I know he thinks he is, and with some of the cap numbers teams have to spend, he has a good chance. Another thing to figure in with these teams who have ridiculous cap numbers is the 89% rule and having to spend that much of the cap by 2017 I believe is going to come into play, thereby inflating salaries.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000626081/article/2016-nfl-unrestricted-free-agents-by-position

The above link is all the FA's and their rankings by position.

Coby sees himself as being highly valued, and is wanting big money. I am guessing he is asking for Julius Thomas type money, 9M/yr. and I believe he will get it. He has speed, has been durable, and can stretch the field. The problem is, although he can block, he still needs work there, and his hands. I also think Dwight got paid not only because of his worth as a TE, but because of his blocking acumen. If he stays healthy, it is a smart move. I am sure they offered Coby the same type of money, and the word is they are far apart. For my part, I say let him go, and we will get a nice comp. pick out of it. Look at TE's of the past few years and what they have been paid, who I would argue are not as good as Coby or Dwight. Charles Clay, Buffalo paid him 8M/yr. last year, and I don't think he is near the player of either of them. Cook and what the Rams paid him two years ago. I think we will look back and start having to shift our ideas on salaries as the cap starts to explode.

Agree. For my 2 cents, I prefer what DA brings to the table more than Fleener. Fleener's drop's, coupled with the fact that Pop Warner defenses could bring him down are all the reason to let him walk. Just not worth top $$ since we have so many other needs. Fleener's too soft for my taste. JMO

1 hour ago, loudnproudcolt said:

For some perspective on the Dwight Allen deal and what Coby is worth, I thought it was interesting NFL.com had Dwight Allen rated as the second best FA at his position. Coby on the other hand is rated the number 11 best FA TE. The main reason is because of drops. We all know about that. I think that played a big role into why we signed Dwight to the deal we did. I also think after Wed. we are going to see it is not that bad of a deal when money starts flying around. We are only stuck for two years if it goes bad. Also, I believe Coby is going to get paid more, at least 8M a year. Is he worth that? I know he thinks he is, and with some of the cap numbers teams have to spend, he has a good chance. Another thing to figure in with these teams who have ridiculous cap numbers is the 89% rule and having to spend that much of the cap by 2017 I believe is going to come into play, thereby inflating salaries.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000626081/article/2016-nfl-unrestricted-free-agents-by-position

The above link is all the FA's and their rankings by position.

Coby sees himself as being highly valued, and is wanting big money. I am guessing he is asking for Julius Thomas type money, 9M/yr. and I believe he will get it. He has speed, has been durable, and can stretch the field. The problem is, although he can block, he still needs work there, and his hands. I also think Dwight got paid not only because of his worth as a TE, but because of his blocking acumen. If he stays healthy, it is a smart move. I am sure they offered Coby the same type of money, and the word is they are far apart. For my part, I say let him go, and we will get a nice comp. pick out of it. Look at TE's of the past few years and what they have been paid, who I would argue are not as good as Coby or Dwight. Charles Clay, Buffalo paid him 8M/yr. last year, and I don't think he is near the player of either of them. Cook and what the Rams paid him two years ago. I think we will look back and start having to shift our ideas on salaries as the cap starts to explode.

How do you know what Fleener thinks he is worth?

Why isn't this in the other thread where others are already talking about this? 

Why wait for others to start having a discussion in another thread and then make a whole new thread about it?

Unfortunately, plagiarizing is the cornerstone for most nutritious threads on a Colts message board. Colts fans have been proudly plagiarizing message boards since the mid 1990s. 

To plagiarize; is to pass off others work as if it is your own.

6 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Why isn't this in the other thread where others are already talking about this? 

Why wait for others to start having a discussion in another thread and then make a whole new thread about it?

Unfortunately, plagiarizing is the cornerstone for most nutritious threads on a Colts message board. Colts fans have been proudly plagiarizing message boards since the mid 1990s. 

To plagiarize; is to pass off others work as if it is your own.

The mods will merge it. Why is it a big deal to you? Plagiarize other people work??  It is a forum, not something you get paid or credit for.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The mods will merge it. Why is it a big deal to you? Plagiarize other people work??  It is a forum, not something you get paid or credit for.

Sometimes it just needs to be pointed out, especially when it is this obvious. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Obvious to who? Who cares? There are over 2200 members in this forum. Having duplicate postings are gonna happen.

That is not the point and you know it. Why pick a fight about this? You know I am right. That cat read the conversation in another thread and wanted it to be his new thread. This isn't a case of accidental duplicate information. 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

Thatt is not the point and you know it. Why pick a fight about this? You know I am right. This cat read the conversation in another thread and wanted it to be his new thread. This isn't a case of accidental duplicate information. 

That's what mods are for and they will take care of it. You call this picking a fight? Grow up.

i dont care all i know is i am p*ssed about the DA signing, Grigson screwed up bigtime again and if DA is injured again this year then we are all going to see why Grigson is an *, im absolutely peeved at the FO right now

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

i dont care all i know is i am p*ssed about the DA signing, Grigson screwed up bigtime again and if DA is injured again this year then we are all going to see why Grigson is an *, im absolutely peeved at the FO right now

If this is all you have to be upset about your in good shape. :)

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

That's what mods are for and they will take care of it. You call this picking a fight? Grow up.

At least you live up to your moniker. We cannot say that you did not warn us with some foreshadowing.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Whatever you say. If a duplicate post of a subject comes up again feel free to make an issue of it.

Thanks for your permission.

Next time we agree on something; feel free to complain to me about it. 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If that is the attitude you want to have, have at it. Like I said, grow up.

"Psychological projection, also known as blame shifting, is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

"Psychological projection, also known as blame shifting, is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Very impressive. What do you do for an encore?