Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hopefully the FIRE is lit....

bluephantom87

Now that the Colts are "locked" in with Chuck and Grigs for 4 more yrs (not that I agree) here's what I would like to see. First as far as the coaching staff upgrades at dc (Greg must go!!) and whoever the o-line coach is. Maybe the special teams coach also but the return game looked a lot better once Bray was inserted. Not sold on Chud but would like to see what he can do with a healthy Luck and a nasty o-line which should be TOP priority going forward but I thought the same thing for the LAST couple of years! Grigs needs to draft some NASTIES in the trenches. Guys with that have a I want to plant your face in the turf mentality. (on the field not off) If messing in FA get the guys that are producing now instead of old guys at the end of careers or injury prone guys with potential if healthy. Now on to Chuck as the afc south starts to get better and the big boys stick around (Pats,Steelers etc) it's time to start games FAST instead of the slow painful PREDICTABLE beginnings. Mix in the up tempo instead of waiting to be down big. Change your gameplan based on opponent it helps. Coach this team like you're TRYING to win a SB instead of being content and fired up after BEATING inferior teams LIKE you won the SB!! Get some toughness on defense!!! The Colts have some pieces but need more.... Yes there is work to be done!

One thing we heard yesterday was that we need to get younger.  I'm guessing this means we say goodbye to AJ and several other FAs that didn't work out.

However, both Adams and Lowery were good acquisitions and I hope we keep them until we get some younger replacements.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

One thing we heard yesterday was that we need to get younger.  I'm guessing this means we say goodbye to AJ and several other FAs that didn't work out.

However, both Adams and Lowery were good acquisitions and I hope we keep them until we get some younger replacements.

That stood out to me big time. It was a teeny tiny sentence with big meaning behind it pointed directly at Grigson. I think we keep the good guys who have shown they can actually play, like Mike Adams and even Dwight Lowery. The big questions are Andre Johnson and DQ Jackson. Both are old, both had their moments, both are more than likely way past their prime, what tough decision should be made with them? I think we really need to start looking at Duron Carter and hope he can be put into the line up, that may give us the option to move from Andre Johnson. I have high hopes for Duron. I seen him personally in camp making huge plays. Hopefully we can somehow utilize him and I hope he puts in the effort. I think Herremans is most definitely gone, probably one of the firsts to go actually.

I feel like we may change our defense coordinator as well, so maybe he would have an impact on who we move. But I felt energized for the season after the press conference, it seems like there is a new excitement in Chuck's eyes, and I'm sure the team is hyped. Maybe we wont be as great on paper as last year, but I think we are going to go FAR as long as #12 stays healthy. 

The panthers went like 8-8 or 7-9 last year or something, they are 15-1, I think based off our schedule, 12-4 and 13-3 is obtainable in a way to early prediction. 

I'm ready to move on.  No point in complaining.  I'm not going to give Grigs or Pags the benefit of the doubt anymore, but that has less to do with them being re-signed and more to do with they've been here 4 years.  The whole "build the monster" and rebuild phase is over.  It's time to start competing.

4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

That stood out to me big time. It was a teeny tiny sentence with big meaning behind it pointed directly at Grigson. I think we keep the good guys who have shown they can actually play, like Mike Adams and even Dwight Lowery. The big questions are Andre Johnson and DQ Jackson. Both are old, both had their moments, both are more than likely way past their prime, what tough decision should be made with them? I think we really need to start looking at Duron Carter and hope he can be put into the line up, that may give us the option to move from Andre Johnson. I have high hopes for Duron. I seen him personally in camp making huge plays. Hopefully we can somehow utilize him and I hope he puts in the effort. I think Herremans is most definitely gone, probably one of the firsts to go actually.

I like Adams, and I thought that Lowery had some really bright spots during the year.  I agree both should be retained.  We should have our next safety in Geathers replacing Adams.  Colt Anderson was a disappointment when he was asked to fill in.  I don't remenber Guy doing anything other than ST's.  We need another safety, but i think that can wait until 2017.

AJ will probably not be back next year, but I still think he got a bumb deal.  A few drops, but how many times did I

see him open and the ball was way off mark.  He did shine more with MH, and, oddly enough, with Lindley in that

last game.  If Duron has the same camp as he had this year it would be hard to not see him replacing AJ.

5 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Could have taken Landin Collins last year, but that's water under the bridge.  

Hopefully Carter is progressing and takes AJs spot next season. 

So much hate for D Q!!  Yes he is older but very productive, not unlike Adams.  Lacks some in coverage due to age but he lead the NFL in tackles for most of the year.  Finished 2nd by 4 tackles ( D Q 150, N Bowman 154).  He will be an alternate at the Pro Bowl this year as soon as someone has to back out due to playing in SB or injury and he will deserve it. He should have been voted in from the start.  If a good ILB is best player available at 18th in the draft then take him.  Let them learn beside someone that has been a good player and leader his whole career.  Then take OL and DL  at least the next 2, 3 rounds. Go get in free agency Russel Okung or maybe trade late round pick to get Joe Thomas who wants out of Cleveland. 

As far as Pagano and Grigson, I like Pagano, not been a big Grigson fan.  IMO Grigson's FA acquisitions and draft picks have him close to a .500 average. Both guys were 1st time in those head honcho positions and felt like they had to prove themselves.  True fans should know that both guys would not be mistake free. There were going to be bonehead decisions made on the field and in the personnel acquisitions. As we have seen and have been expressed relentlessly on this board for 4 years.  Now they have the chance to learn from mistakes made and move on working together for success. Only time will tell if they can work together.

The key now is WHO they replace Greg with as dc because this will be a huge factor!!! Kind of surprised of the coaches released so far because I thought the dc and o-line coaches were a given and maybe the special teams coach along with Clyde as qb coach might get chopped for the sake of shakeup. As far as players DQ is getting up there in age but he's still one of the most productive lb's in the game. I definitely would start grooming a replacement for DQ but Andre Johnson, Trent Cole, Colt Anderson, Thorton, Weiner and a handful of others should be released TODAY!! I would like to see Matt retire (suspect body and arm strength now at 40) and come back as our qb coach!! Going forward I think Josh Freeman could be a solid backup to Luck as a former starter and 1st rd pick. More than anything the MINDSET of this team MUST change!!! I'm not okay with the rah rah after game speeches against pitiful teams and sweep it under the rug AFTER blowout losses. Besides his overall gameplanning I think that's where Chuck needs to show some growth and tough love.