Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

how much say will Luck have in HC/GM decision?

ColtsFanMikeC

1 hour ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Not once do I suggest he should be interviewing head coaches.  I suggest he should potentially have a say in the philosophy of the franchise and the system he gets to play in going forward. 

If he doesnt interview the head coach, he doesnt deserve any say so in whi is hired. Ipso facto, no say so in the philosophy.

4 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

If he doesnt interview the head coach, he doesnt deserve any say so in whi is hired. Ipso facto, no say so in the philosophy.

Great mis-use of ipso facto, and what does 'whi' mean? I assume you mean 'who'?

You're a fool.  Please read what is written and respond accordingly -- don't misquote me, don't act like the media and blow things out of proportion, and please don't believe the quote in your signature.  "....doing our due diligence and digging to find players to help us win.... our owner is happy by winning football games." 

That quote was stated near the time of Adongo signing -- can you tell me how that's worked out?  Henoc Muamba? RJF? LaRon Landry? DHB? Hakeem Nicks? Trent Richardson (Grigson forced him to start???) ? Herremans? Donald Thomas? Trent Cole? Andre Johnson?  Bjoern Werner (I know Pagano is quoted as saying this guy will be awesome, but after researching and reading recent reports, this also seems to me like a Grigson 'diamond in the rough' type of move)?, Josh Cribbs? --- this is just scratching the tip of the iceberg -- please give me some more logic to your belief that Grigson is not an egotistical maniac and a complete fool,  and please start with his 'mission statement (run/stop the run)' and tell me how he has done anything remotely close to doing so (you can compare how bad our offensive line has become since he started here -- and how imbalanced our defensive front 7 is to start -- then you can go try to justify why Trent Richardson was forced upon the coaching staff -- I'm interested after you do all that).

The more and more I think, analyze, and read about Grigson, he is a complete scumbag with no desire for the team to win, but more of a business man for him to look good and make money off an owner with unrealistic expectations (I posted a topic several months back about Irsay maybe being an 'instable' owner  -- Superman and others correctly pointed out that his arrests/addictions/etc. haven't really played a role in how he manages the organization, but it seems to me like he gave Grigson too much power and Grigson - who IMO sounds like an * since the day I started listening to him -- can spew enough nonsense to keep him listening/buying in).

I hope Irsay comes back to reality and realizes that the coaching staff/team has greatly over-acheived with the talent they inherited, have since been given (or not given) and under the scrutiny they have been forced to deal and lack of control they've been given to do their job(s).

9 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Great mis-use of ipso facto, and what does 'whi' mean? I assume you mean 'who'?

You're a fool.  Please read what is written and respond accordingly -- don't misquote me, don't act like the media and blow things out of proportion, and please don't believe the quote in your signature.  "....doing our due diligence and digging to find players to help us win.... our owner is happy by winning football games." 

That quote was stated near the time of Adongo signing -- can you tell me how that's worked out?  Henoc Muamba? RJF? LaRon Landry? DHB? Hakeem Nicks? Trent Richardson (Grigson forced him to start???) ? Herremans? Donald Thomas? Trent Cole? Andre Johnson?  Bjoern Werner (I know Pagano is quoted as saying this guy will be awesome, but after researching and reading recent reports, this also seems to me like a Grigson 'diamond in the rough' type of move)?, Josh Cribbs? --- this is just scratching the tip of the iceberg -- please give me some more logic to your belief that Grigson is not an egotistical maniac and a complete fool,  and please start with his 'mission statement (run/stop the run)' and tell me how he has done anything remotely close to doing so (you can compare how bad our offensive line has become since he started here -- and how imbalanced our defensive front 7 is to start -- then you can go try to justify why Trent Richardson was forced upon the coaching staff -- I'm interested after you do all that).

The more and more I think, analyze, and read about Grigson, he is a complete scumbag with no desire for the team to win, but more of a business man for him to look good and make money off an owner with unrealistic expectations (I posted a topic several months back about Irsay maybe being an 'instable' owner  -- Superman and others correctly pointed out that his arrests/addictions/etc. haven't really played a role in how he manages the organization, but it seems to me like he gave Grigson too much power and Grigson - who IMO sounds like an * since the day I started listening to him -- can spew enough nonsense to keep him listening/buying in).

I hope Irsay comes back to reality and realizes that the coaching staff/team has greatly over-acheived with the talent they inherited, have since been given (or not given) and under the scrutiny they have been forced to deal and lack of control they've been given to do their job(s).

Irsay didn't say Grigson and Luck will have a say so in the next coach. Even Grigson's input is conditional for that matter.  Call me a fool, thats fine. You are wrong and I am not. Luck won't get any say so. Period. Your diatribe won't change that reality.

PS - the ipso facto was fine. The coach and philosophy aren't mutually exclusive.  

Andrew Luck's dad is a football executive at different levels.   Is it too crazy to think we could hire Oliver for a gm position here?  I'm pretty sure Andrew would be on board for that.

Or, if Oliver were to land a executive position for another team, wouldn't he want to bring his son to his team?

2 minutes ago, colts_mp said:

Andrew Luck's dad is a football executive at different levels.   Is it too crazy to think we could hire Oliver for a gm position here?  I'm pretty sure Andrew would be on board for that.

Or, if Oliver were to land a executive position for another team, wouldn't he want to bring his son to his team?

That would be crazy. Son and dad on the same team at different position. Would be fun to watch the Colts with 100+IQ players. I 

51 minutes ago, colts_mp said:

Oliver Luck interviewed to be the AD at Texas in 2013, and now that they've fired Patterson, Luck is on the short list again. He's been a soccer GM and executive, he ran NFL Europe, and was AD at West Virginia. He was in the mix to be AD at Stanford in 2012. He was a member of the CFP selection committee, and now works for NCAA in some made up position doing heaven knows what.

He is a football executive, and considering him for a front office position isn't crazy or radical at all. Maybe having him in the front office of the team his son plays for is a little too much. And I think he's more suited for a VP of Football Operations kind of position more than a GM job, which is more involved in the day to day, scouting, roster churning, etc., which he's never done for football (he did for soccer). 

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

Oliver Luck interviewed to be the AD at Texas in 2013, and now that they've fired Patterson, Luck is on the short list again. He's been a soccer GM and executive, he ran NFL Europe, and was AD at West Virginia. He was in the mix to be AD at Stanford in 2012. He was a member of the CFP selection committee, and now works for NCAA in some made up position doing heaven knows what.

He is a football executive, and considering him for a front office position isn't crazy or radical at all. Maybe having him in the front office of the team his son plays for is a little too much. And I think he's more suited for a VP of Football Operations kind of position more than a GM job, which is more involved in the day to day, scouting, roster churning, etc., which he's never done for football (he did for soccer). 

Yep. I can certainly go along with this. Besides, I'm not quite sure how either one of the Luck's would be okay with the franchise QB & GM Dad running the show philosophy. Pressure? Most certainly. Limelight? No way.