Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Not Sign As Many Crimson Tide As Possible, Especially As Udfa?

Those seniors have won 2 titles in 3 years and have one of the best college defenses I've ever seen.

yea I heard someone say tonight it there's talk about it being the best of all time. I imagine that's all the experts will be talking about today.

But some time the skill don't transfer over to the next level, and if this isn't the case then it's usually their poor work ethic that gets them. For example when I was playing in college a lot of the players thought they could just come in and play without putting any work in off the field. Ex. True story. I remember working out with my team and 2 other football players were "bragging" about how lil they did in the weight room and thought they were hot stuff cause they were gettin some playing time. Well if u run a 4.4 that's usually how it works, unil the NFL and everyone at your position runs a 4.4, then it's gonna have to be your work ethic(or something special) that sets u a part. Your 4.3 speed and being 6'6" 220lbs, just won't cut it anymore, ie Matt Jones.

But with that said I get what u were saying they did dominate LSU that's for certain.

I ran Juco track and worked out with the football team many years ago. The best player on the team was a secondary guy and he was probably the weakest guy on the team. I don't know if he didn't try or what, but he He had mad skills and speed and ended up getting a Div I scholarship in the SEC.

yea I heard someone say tonight it there's talk about it being the best of all time. I imagine that's all the experts will be talking about today.

But some time the skill don't transfer over to the next level, and if this isn't the case then it's usually their poor work ethic that gets them. For example when I was playing in college a lot of the players thought they could just come in and play without putting any work in off the field. Ex. True story. I remember working out with my team and 2 other football players were "bragging" about how lil they did in the weight room and thought they were hot stuff cause they were gettin some playing time. Well if u run a 4.4 that's usually how it works, unil the NFL and everyone at your position runs a 4.4, then it's gonna have to be your work ethic(or something special) that sets u a part. Your 4.3 speed and being 6'6" 220lbs, just won't cut it anymore, ie Matt Jones.

But with that said I get what u were saying they did dominate LSU that's for certain.

Best of all time? Not even close. They shut down Jordan Jefferson and an incompetent Les Miles who's offensive decision making was horrible. I like LSU's defense better than Alabama's, but they are both really good though.

Upshaw, Kirkpatrick would both be interesting. Definitely makes us bigger in areas we lack size. They can play too, which is more important.

Upshaw isn't big for a DE, he's 264 lbs. That's smaller than Freeney in fact. And he probably won't play 4-3 linebacker, he's a pass rusher for Alabama.

Upshaw isn't big for a DE, he's 264 lbs. That's smaller than Freeney in fact. And he probably won't play 4-3 linebacker, he's a pass rusher for Alabama.

He could play SAM in the 4-3 Under... He has rushed with his hand in the dirt and standing... He is still bigger than Mathis...