Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oakland (+7) @ Denver (12-13-15)

oldunclemark

4:05 EST....Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts on CBS....mid-40s and sunny...over-under 43.5

QB Derek Carr (271 of 426,, 3,178 yards_) has thrown 26 TD passes..many to old Michael Crabtree (66 catches, 760 yards) and young Amari Cooper (62 catches, 920 yards)Raiders only have 1,156 yards rushing in 12 games. Khalil Mack has nine of Oakland's 28 sacks.  Raiders are 3-3 on the road and 2-4 at home. HB Latevius Murray needs 149 yards rushing to reach 1,000.

Denver Brock Osweiler (73 of 119, 832 yards) is undefeated subbing for Peyton Manning and he has Demariyus Thomas (78 catches, 9723 yards) and Emanuel Sanders (55 catches, 771 yards) ready to go. Brock may throw more as RB CJ Anderson (124 rushes, 534 yards) is out for this game, Ronnie Hillman (157 rushes, 643 yards) starts. Von Miller has nine of Denver's 38 QB sacks

Denver 'D' allows just 284 yards a game and 4.7 yards per play, No, 1 in the NFL but they will be without LB Danny Trevethan (concussion) and possibly safeties TJ Ward and David Bruton.Denver may get DE/OLB DeMarcus Ware back from a bad back and DT Sylvester Williams bac from a bad ankle. Denver has allowed just one TD pass to an opposing wide receiver all season.

Broncos do not score many points so seven is too many. Getting 7 or more, I'd take Oakland with the points

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Denver is doing the right thing just inching Brock along against these lousy teams. The Denver D will win these type of games. At Pitt next week will be a true test and perhaps the training wheels come off for that game.

To me, I think Kubiak just goes based on the flow of the game. Against the Pats, Brock HAD TO pass since they got down, so he took the training wheels off and he did just fine. 

Their motto is still clock control with run game, short passes and move the chains to keep the D fresh, IMO. So far, it has worked well for them.

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

To me, I think Kubiak just goes based on the flow of the game. Against the Pats, Brock HAD TO pass since they got down, so he took the training wheels off and he did just fine. 

Their motto is still clock control with run game, short passes and move the chains to keep the D fresh, IMO. So far, it has worked well for them.

This is Gary Kubiak....we all saw this in Houston...If peyton comes back it'll change I would guess

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton, Peyton, Peyton.

Brock had a few misses, but he's one of the few parts of Denver's offense that doesn't flat out suck.

Sanders is a good, though injury prone, receiver who shows up and gives it 100% every week. DT makes nice catches here and there, but wildly inconsistent whether or not he'll show up.

Just now, Fx Stryker said:

Brock's magic is running out.

The majority of that offense is putrid. It's not so much that Brock is awful (he doesn't turn it over much) but he has terrible clock management skills and misses open receivers too often.

Brock is just an average QB at this point, he can't carry a team. He's a game manager. With a decent O he would put up more points.

Denver's best offense is their defense.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

12-9 after 3 quarters....and can we please stop the talk that Brock will start even after Peyton is cleared to play?

I'll say this - despite turning over the ball way too frequently Manning can at least put the Broncos in the end zone sometimes.

If Peyton can stop spotting teams 10+ points on a weekly basis yes he absolutely should start.

2 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

I'll say this - despite turning over the ball way too frequently Manning can at least put the Broncos in the end zone sometimes.

If Peyton can stop spotting teams 10+ points on a weekly basis yes he absolutely should start.

There's no 'ifs'..Manning plays as soon as he can