Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

KC (-3) @ Oakland (12-13-15)

oldunclemark

4:05 EST.....Greg Gumbel and Trent Green on CBS....over-under 44...mid 60s with a chance of rain

• KC's Alex Smith (226 of 354, 2,681 yards, 12 TDs and NFL low 3 INts) has been sacked 34 times but Jeremy Maclin has 57 catches for 772 yards)
  • 'Mr Game Manager'  hasn't thrown an interception in  283 tosses
  • KC has 29 QB sacks and 14 pas interceptions
  • OLB Justin Houston left last weeks game and did not return. KC center Mitch Morse was lost to a concussion last week.
  • Oakland QB Derek Carr (240 of 378, 2,895 yards) has 24 TD passes and just 6 INts
  • WRs Michael Crabtree (61 catches - 715 yards) and Amari Cooper (58 catches - 851 yards) should do well against a KC defense that has allowed 230 yards passing per game

Raiders defense allows 391 yards a game..and they have committed a league high 92 penalties (NOLA also has 92) in 11 games.

1st of 2 meetings in the last five weeks between the old American Football League's most bitter rivals. KC (6-5) has won 5 in a row but but they cant catch Denver (9-2) in the AFC West so they have to win at least one from the Raiders. Oakland (5-6) has to sweep KC to reach the post-season..under almost any scenario..

I like the Raiders with KC's injury problems but the best thing here is the 'over' .again...Derek Carr has thrown 24 touchdowns.  KC has averaged 32 points game in their win streak. Cant imagine this game ending 13-12.

Over and KC looks like the play to me. 

KC split with Denver it would take a KC winning out. I think they do and a big stumble by Denver but KC could still pull off the divison. It's not likely but possible. 

Denver goes to Pitt and home for Cinny neither of those games would be shocking losses. Losing to the Raiders or SD probably isn't happening. That's why they play the games. 

I can see the Chiefs pulling this one out and keeping their place as a wild card. It's a divisional game so I don't think whoever wins will do so by a wide margin. The Raiders winning would shake things up and make the seedings even more interesting though.

16 hours ago, krunk said:

I think it's a game that Oakland can win.  I believe they beat KC last year in Oakland at this time.  Could be wrong.

Yep, I'm rooting for Oakland too Krunk because I like Derek Carr & Justin Tuck, a sentimental old favorite of mine from his Big Apple Championship days. Charles Woodson still continues to impress me too.

6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Yep, I'm rooting for Oakland too Krunk because I like Derek Carr & Justin Tuck, a sentimental old favorite of mine from his Big Apple Championship days. Charles Woodson still continues to impress me too.

Yeah I want Oakland to win.  In some ways I think KC would be a stiff oponent if we drew them in the first round.  I do believe we would win, but I think they are a pretty solid defensive team.  I also think Andy Reid is a pretty crafty play caller and coach.  They are playing good ball right now, and there is somewhat of a distinct toughness in that team I see.  I think if they played a team like Cincy in the playoffs they would beat Cincy.