Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

KC (+6.5) @ Denver (11-15-15)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST, over-under 42, mid-50s and sunny

Greg Gumbel and Trent Green on CBS

KC QB Alex Smith has thrown for only 9 TDs but he is 170 for 268 for 1,969 yards..

Jeremy Maclin has 42 catches for 566 yards and TE Greg Kelce has 40 catches for 538

Charcandrick West (63 carries, 288 yards) has replaced injured Jamaal Charles

LG Ben Grubbs is questionable and that's a problem as Smith has been sacked 28 times.

KC is rested coming off the bye

Denver QB Peyton Manning (188 of 302, 2,145 yards has just 9 TD passes and 13 interceptions, No.1 in the NFL.

Manning has thrown for 621 yards in the last 2 weeks

With his first pass, Peyton passes Brett Farve as the all-time leading career passer..., the eqivalent of

Pete Rose being the all-time hits leader in baseball.

Manning needs 3 yards..A win gives Manning the most victories as a staring QB in NFL history. The two

landmark records are not connected and its only coincidence Peyton can break them the same day.

WR Emmanuel Sanders has 46 catches for 639 yards..He is questionable with an ankle injury

CB- Aqib Talib is suspended for one game for an eye poke on the Colts Dwayne Allen

ILB Danny Trevethan was in on 19 tackles last week.

OLB Demarcus Ware (6 1/2 sacks) is out with a bad back.

OLB Shane Ray will return after missing 2 games with a leg injury

Denver has 30 QB sacks, No.1 in the NFL......The Broncos allow 274 yards a game, No. 1 in the NFL

KC (3-5) has to use the Indy-model and toss short passes to slow down the Broncos pass rush..

That's something Alex Smith can do..With Denver shorthanded on defense, I think this game is close

The over-under is too low. as Peyton has improved the last 2 weeks since the bye

The earlier meeting was 31-24. If you can get 7 points, KC and the 'over' seems good here

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Denver being down Talib and Ware and potentially Sanders, this is probably the best chance KC has of upsetting them since Manning has been there. Also Manning is on injury report with foot. Did not practice Wed and was limited Thursday so that is also something to watch. I still believe Denver wins but the spread is too big IMO. I would take KC to cover.

Are you still with Denver going all the way?

Yeah. That Broncos/Patriots game is going to be huge. If the Broncos win that I will be looking good at that point. The Broncos did nothing to change my mind last Sunday. Their Defense is still nasty as ever and I thought Peyton played well enough for them to beat us. The Colts just played a perfect game and Andrew delivered a masterpiece with no Turnovers, 2 TD's, great runs, etc..

I feel bad for him in the sense he wants to contribute, and thinks he can still do everything he used to, but he obviously can't. The regression is real, and it hits hard. He  also has zero run game to help take the load off when he clearly can't carry a team like he used to. If anything, he's mediocre at best as a QB now and more often than not a liability on offense.

Peyton can still throw a good long pass with zip from time to time, and he'll have a good game like at GB sometimes, but it's the exception and not the rule. That's a serious problem.

The one and only thing keeping Denver afloat is their defense. If the defense ever folds, see last week, they are toast. Period.