Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Flynn Landing Spots

SubZero

Barkley declared to stay in school......OH but dont worry Matt Flynn is a Free Agent. These teams ill list are good landing spots for him.

Green Bay Packers

You cant count out his current team. I could see him staying in GB next year, but not likely. He will be very pursued due to his performaces last year vs NE and this year vs DET.

Jacksonville Jaguars

I dont think they will give up on Gabbert yet but he is very bad. They could go out and get Flynn to compete with Gabbert. But since they lack playmaking WRs then Flynn would stuggle.

Miami Dolphins

They won there way out of the Luck and RG3 sweepstakes so they will have to stick with Moore, trade, or FAs. Flynn would work very well here. They now have a solid run game, solid recivers and soild OL. Flynn would have good success here IMO.

Washington Redskins

They likely wont draft a QB if RG3 isnt avaliable. Snyder likes to go all out in FA and i can see him paying big bucks to Flynn to come in and play. Flynn would be surrounded by a good D and OL.

Browns

Same as the Jags they could sign him to go up against Wallace and McCoy. The problem is he doesnt have a good supporting cast there run d is bad, they have no WRs, and there run game is dead. If they drafted Richardson and got Flynn there offense would look pretty good.

Kansas City Cheifs

Orton isnt the answer and Cassel isnt that good of a QB. With great WRs and a great RB Flynn would have all he needs to produce a dynamic offense.

Seattle Seahawks

Tavaris and Whitehurst are terrible. The Seahawks are actually not a bad team they just need a good QB and a solid OL. They already have a good RB, a talented young WR corps, and a solid 14th overall ranked D.

New York Jets

As crazy as this may sound i can see it happening. With rumors of them finding a different QB i could see this a logical explanation. Except Brees, Flynn is the best QB avaliable and i can see the Jets breaking the bank on him.

Matt Flynn could be a successful QB but he needs to prove that he can do that consistently before he gets a multi-million dollar contract. Many backups have done what Flynn has done. I don't think any team will offer him a huge contract but he might get a pretty big one. If he can do that consistently he will easily get a starting job in the NFL.

Matt Flynn could be a successful QB but he needs to prove that he can do that consistently before he gets a multi-million dollar contract. Many backups have done what Flynn has done. I don't think any team will offer him a huge contract but he might get a pretty big one. If he can do that consistently he will easily get a starting job in the NFL.

I disagree with you. Kolb didn't have much consistency and he still got a huge contract. With that said, you could argue that teams have learned from the Cards' mistake and will be more careful and scrutinous in their QB searches

I disagree with you. Kolb didn't have much consistency and he still got a huge contract. With that said, you could argue that teams have learned from the Cards' mistake and will be more careful and scrutinous in their QB searches

That is true but Flynn has only played 2 good games. I just don't see any logic in getting a big contract after 2 good games. Maybe a team desperate enough for a QB would be willing to gamble like the Cards did but not many teams are that desperate. The Dolphins have Moore who possibly could start if needed. The Rams have Bradford, the Jags and Titans, Vikings, and Panthers have rookie QBs. There are also some decent QB prospects in the draft. So with the current situation I don't see him getting a big deal.

That is true but Flynn has only played 2 good games. I just don't see any logic in getting a big contract after 2 good games. Maybe a team desperate enough for a QB would be willing to gamble like the Cards did but not many teams are that desperate. The Dolphins have Moore who possibly could start if needed. The Rams have Bradford, the Jags and Titans, Vikings, and Panthers have rookie QBs. There are also some decent QB prospects in the draft. So with the current situation I don't see him getting a big deal.

The Redskins have been known to throw around big money