Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Did The Colts Not Elevate Duron Carter To The Active Roster?

AmberDerrow

And Reggie would have given us LEADERSHIP and MORE production than the useless Johnson and a load of positive emotional boost to a team that needs it. We signed Johnson for what? 3 years? How much dead money will we have when he isn't on our roster next year? That was another terrible signing. Reggie is out there, work him out. We need guys who can catch and who can get open on the short routes. He doesn't need speed, he just needs to be a possession receiver. I called for Bradshaw all season, perhaps we should start calling for Reggie. Now I know he isn't a special teamer, and I agree we need one, so nuke Whalen, bring in Reggie.

lol you do realize that the same things you're saying Reggie doesn't need is the same thing Andre doesn't need and basically they're suppose to be the same type of player? I mean the playcalling doesn't help anyone get open and Andrew hasn't been throwing good balls

I think AJ's contract is basically structured as a two year deal with very little dead money if cut.  That has been Grigson's method with free agents with the exception of Cherilous and Landry.

Thanks for that info... I hope you're right as I can't see keeping him, though I wouldn't at all be surprised if he retired as this was not what he signed up for either, though he is at least likely to make the playoffs this year. 

lol you do realize that the same things you're saying Reggie doesn't need is the same thing Andre doesn't need and basically they're suppose to be the same type of player? I mean the playcalling doesn't help anyone get open and Andrew hasn't been throwing good balls

Before Reggie got hurt, he ran statistical circles around what Johnson is doing this year and even after getting hurt he bettered it most of the time until the very end.  Plus Reggie was a big morale boost and someone our team looked up to in a leadership capacity.  Johnson is an outsider learning to fit in.  We could have paid Reggie a tiny fraction of what Andre demanded and on a one year deal.  Reggie could have moved well up into HOF status with even a #4 level receiver status/yards/catches/TD's.  With Dorsett hurt, he'd be #3 on our team right now in the slot.  Perhaps when the NEXT receiver goes down, they'll give Reg a ring, unless this is just another nonsense ego move by Grigson, which wouldn't remotely surprise me.  God I dislike that guy.  It's even worse if this season keeps tanking... at least we could have cheered Reggie on as he moved up the all-time lists in quick succession.   I fear he won't make the HOF falling a fraction short.   We owed the guy more and he had more to give us.  

Thanks for that info... I hope you're right as I can't see keeping him, though I wouldn't at all be surprised if he retired as this was not what he signed up for either, though he is at least likely to make the playoffs this year. 

I didn't care for the AJ signing at the time, even though some were saying that it was a bargain at $7million per year.  Too many red flags that pointed to it being a risk.  I don't think there was much signing bonus, which all gets paid immediately upon signing the contract,.  SB is what causes dead money since its spread out over the life of the contract regardless if the player is rostered or not.  I think all of his compensation is in the form of salary and roster bonus, which doesn't get paid  and counted against the cap unless he's on the roster.

So he'll get paid his $7miliion this year.  This spring, my guess is that he'll have to renegotiate to stay with the club.  He's worth having around, but he probably doesn't warrant starters money anymore...not with Moncrief and Dorsett here.

All this Andre Johnson hate is totally out of line and really shows just how blind the average forum member is on here. Yeah the first two weeks he really wasn't all that good but they were his first two weeks in only his second offense in his 10+ year career. Ever since the Texans game he has consistently been getting open Luck just hasn't been finding him.

Johnson has been open underneath a lot this year. To quote Gisele, he can't throw it and catch it

While you're likely right that he has been open, aside from the Texans game he has dropped a LOT of balls.  If I was Luck, I wouldn't be looking his direction either.  I was expecting Johnson to be a good catch in traffic kind of guy, and I honestly think TY is better at that and I don't really see TY as catch in traffic kind of guy.  I dunno, Johnson at this point is very underwhelming when he is given opportunities.

While you're likely right that he has been open, aside from the Texans game he has dropped a LOT of balls. If I was Luck, I wouldn't be looking his direction either. I was expecting Johnson to be a good catch in traffic kind of guy, and I honestly think TY is better at that and I don't really see TY as catch in traffic kind of guy. I dunno, Johnson at this point is very underwhelming when he is given opportunities.

Johnson gets horrible passes but he has dropped some balls he could've caught. Moncrief gets the perfect passes Hilton gets the "meh" passes and Johnson gets the worst especially for his height luck still overthrows him

Johnson gets horrible passes but he has dropped some balls he could've caught. Moncrief gets the perfect passes Hilton gets the "meh" passes and Johnson gets the worst especially for his height luck still overthrows him

I think they all get a mix of each.  TY has had some drops, but he's been the focal point for Luck.  Johnson, at least for me, seems to drop at least 50% of what goes his way (aside from the the Texan's game).  Moncrief has done pretty well with what he's been given, but Andre, to me, just isn't the same player he has been over the years.  I don't see him being with the team next year honestly, and I don't say that often about guys that are still under contract.

I think they all get a mix of each. TY has had some drops, but he's been the focal point for Luck. Johnson, at least for me, seems to drop at least 50% of what goes his way (aside from the the Texan's game). Moncrief has done pretty well with what he's been given, but Andre, to me, just isn't the same player he has been over the years. I don't see him being with the team next year honestly, and I don't say that often about guys that are still under contract.

I think that's cuz the playcalling isn't revolving around him. For example there has been one game when they wanted to really get him involved and it took some creative playcalling and of course it was with MH. Since then we've gone back to the same playcalling as the first 3 games and during those games we all know Johnson was being used incorrectly.

I don't buy that the playcalling has to revolve around a player for them to consistently make the plays asked of them.  Stokley was a guy who consistently came off the bench into the slot and would generally always make the plays asked of him.  At this point, we're not driving the ball to AJ because the opportunities he has been given have not been consistently good.

I dunno, I could be wrong, but it definitely seems that Moncrief is steadily improving and taking snaps away from AJ because he can be counted on.  AJ just does not seem to make the majority of his chances.

Possibly, if his shoulder is still fudged up.  I was watching a breakdown by Bucky via NFL.com which was posted by a fellow forum member and there is a possibility that Luck's arm isn't the same as it as in years past POSSIBLY due to injury.  Normally Luck should be fine with passing over the DL with the exception of a few batted down passes.  Last week it did look ugly though but could've been an anomaly and it was only on a couple plays.  Even if that's the case, short floaters over the DL should be something one would think he would be fine with even with a partially injured shoulder.  In the end your guess is as good as mine :thmup: .

Timing would probably be just as critical as strength in this case.

I just watched halloween 2 for the first time over the weekend. I saw your picture and noticed it's the guy from the movie. It was like watching the Terminator with him walking slowly toward one girl the whole time trying to kill her lol

All this Andre Johnson hate is totally out of line and really shows just how blind the average forum member is on here. Yeah the first two weeks he really wasn't all that good but they were his first two weeks in only his second offense in his 10+ year career. Ever since the Texans game he has consistently been getting open Luck just hasn't been finding him.

this is lucks team though.  if those two can't get on the same page for whatever reason, then its not worth paying AJ, even if circumstances are not his fault

I just watched halloween 2 for the first time over the weekend. I saw your picture and noticed it's the guy from the movie. It was like watching the Terminator with him walking slowly toward one girl the whole time trying to kill her lol

Just don't ever watch Halloween 3...TRUST ME!