Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold Predictions...

ColtStronger

Just think...we could still have Peyton, but no we let it all go for this? Really....this? This is what we gave up a legend for?

Yeah and then Peyton retires after this season and we have no QB. We clearly made the right decision letting Peyton go as much as I like him, Andrew has 10 more years easily and really has had just much success as Peyton has had over the last 3 seasons. It's amazing to me how some people lets 3 or 4 games get them down. Up until now Andrew has been Very Good. I think I will roll with Andrew while Peyton is in retirement. When Andrew comes out of his funk I don't want to see you Posting about how good he is doing again.

I think it is very possible we start 3-6 and if that happens we could finish 7-9. 7-9 will still win the Division if we sweep the Division because if we beat the Texans, Titans, and Jags again and those teams continue to struggle 7 wins will do it. Lets say we only win 7 it may not be as bad as people think. Not only will that get us in the Playoffs more than likely but that should give us a Top 20 Draft pick as well. It's a win/win. Make the Playoffs and get a high Draft pick to improve for next season. I think it's important to at least make the Playoffs no matter what happens.

False, if we make it to the playoffs the highest pick we could have would be 21, once you're in the playoffs your seeding is then decided by where you come. If we went out in the wild card round (which would be more than likely the way this team looks right now), we would almost certainly be pick 21, even if pick number 20 had a 9 - 7 or 8 - 8 record compared to our 7 - 9....

Even if by some miracle in an alternate universe we made it to the Superbowl and won, we would still have the 32nd pick, even though our record was 7 - 9.... 

False, if we make it to the playoffs the highest pick we could have would be 21, once you're in the playoffs your seeding is then decided by where you come, so even if by some miracle in an alternate universe we made it to the Superbowl and won, we would either have the 32nd pick, even though our record was 7 - 9.

I thought so but I wasn't sure, picking 21 still is a good place to be.

I thought so but I wasn't sure, picking 21 still is a good place to be.

Really? I always thought that picking between 18 - 26 is sorta like a no man's land sorta pick and they generally tend be be fliers on players who "might be" worthy of first round pick status but then 90% of the time never pan out. Depends how your management are at making those picks I guess..... (COUGH*WERNER*COUGH)....

Really? I always thought that picking between 18 - 26 is sorta like a no man's land sorta pick and they generally tend be be fliers on players who "might be" worthy of first round pick status but then 90% of the time never pan out. Depends how your management are at making those picks I guess..... (COUGH*WERNER*COUGH)....

In Basketball it is, it's bad but because of our needs - a great O.Lineman or D.Lineman/pass rusher could definitely be there at 21. It's not like we need to finish terrible and go after someone like Luck. I would rather finish 7-9 or 8-8 have the worst record of the Playoff teams at this point and pick 21 then miss the Playoffs and still pick something 7-10. I think missing the Playoffs would be embarrassing.

Well, if there is a positive, its that the Colts have looked completely lost this season and still barely lost to the Pats and Saints in the end.  They simply can't play much worse.  I think one of these next 3 games the light comes on and they play a full 60 minute game well and upset one of them.  Not sure which one.  My hunch is it'll be an away game.  I think the prospect of playing at home right now, with everything going on, is too much pressure (they heard those boos too).  Good for them to get away and do it on the road.  Maybe Monday night?