Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

National Media Missing the True Story in this Game

Archer

I hope we blowout the saints 62-0. They say that we are too classy but that was straight out disrespectful to score 62-7 with Curtis Painter as our QB.

Why is it disrespectful? I don't get this idea of easing off, it's professional sports. If you can't stop a team scoring on you that's your own look out.

Now if you're talking about taking starters out to protect them from injury, fair enough, but purposefully not scoring as many points as you could? No.

I am not surprised the Colts brought their A game as the Pats get everyone's A game. In the end, the blow out talk was just silly. Just win. Especially on the road in the conference. What will be interesting is to see how the Colts come out vs Saints. Will they be emotionally spent from the Pats or will they use it as confidence and continue to built on it?  Pagano has to get this team to put the Pats behind him and the punt call and get ready for Drew Brees.

Can say the same thing for the Patriots against the Jets this week

Prisco dinged the Cols two spots on his Power Rankings for the 7-point loss to the Pats (his #1 team).  One of the in-game tweeters said that "Blount is running all over the Colts again."  That Breech guy at CBS said the Pats were one garbage-time TD from yet another two-score rout.  It seems that none of these guys remembered their pre-game analysis or paid attention to the actual goings-on on the field. 

We heard all week how the Colts had no chance and that "Brady might hang 60 on the Colts".  Instead, we saw a first half in which the Colts outplayed the Pats, a D that held Blount in check all day (with the exception of one single run), a Colt running came that ran all over the Pats, a cooly efficient Luck with a very good first game as a quick releaser, and the Colts one botched ST play away from an OT game.  Bottom line is that everyone wrote the Colts off, yet they stood toe-to-toe with the supposed best team in the league (though I personally believe that to be Cincinnati) and played them to a virtual draw.  Knowing that Luck will only get better as he continues to recover, I feel like the Colts may yet fulfill expectations this year (though likely without home-field advantage) 

The Colts definitely showed improvement. If a couple of breaks go our way we win that game or force OT.

As long as the box scores read this at the end of the game, we're going to have probems: Luck 50 pass attempts. Frank Gore 13 carries.

Now, both players played well, but we need Gore to get 18-20 carries a game and we need to stop dropping Luck back to pass 50 times a game like we have the his entire career.