Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I appreciate this organization staff

bap1331

Honestly tonight was the straw the broke the camels back for me. This organization has shown it is just bad. Rumblings of Tyranny from the GM and a coaching staff that honestly comes out with bright innovative ways to lose every single game. And Luck isn't the next Peyton Manning. He isn't even close. He may one day hope to be as good as Farve or Brees but he is no where near Manning.

This Organization needs a GM who will let a HC do his job and make his own coaching staff. Then said GM needs a HC who doesn't have an inferiority complex against competent coaches and try to take unnecessary risks against quality opponents, and that said HC needs a QB coach who actually coach Luck and not crown him as the next great QB because he has soooo much to learn that it is laughable. I'll remind everyone that Luck is in his 4th year and still over throws players by about 3-5 feet. He also stares down receivers to the 1000th degree. He also has apparently forgotten how to reset his feet if he moves from the pocket. All while having the worst possible habit of always wanting the big play. It's like watching the Arian's big Ben but with way worse accuracy issues.

*edit* oh and a much better oline than the Arian's Ben had as well.

Luck's mechanics have seemed to regress. I never thought he was going to be Peyton, but maybe he can be Eli.

Lucks arm is Overrated here. Everyone hear will tell u Luck has a stronger arm than Peyton ever had, I would disagree. Go watch highlights of Peytons MVP yrs in Imdy, he was throwing lasers.

The best part of all of this is Andrew Luck is probably going to vosy Pagano his job more than a mediocre d. Luck has taken steps back under this staff. Time to hire someone to fix him.

Luck's mechanics have seemed to regress. I never thought he was going to be Peyton, but maybe he can be Eli.

Lucks arm is Overrated here. Everyone hear will tell u Luck has a stronger arm than Peyton ever had, I would disagree. Go watch highlights of Peytons MVP yrs in Imdy, he was throwing lasers.

The best part of all of this is Andrew Luck is probably going to vosy Pagano his job more than a mediocre d. Luck has taken steps back under this staff. Time to hire someone to fix him.

Careful you might get called skip bayless  :lol:

It performed very well today minus the mistakes. And it all wouldnt have been possible without Grigson and Pagano.

Any other GM would probably would have passed on Luck and we would have Peyton as the QB today. Nobody would take a risk like that. Or be talented enough to pick up players like TY Hilton, Mike Adams, Lowery, Henry Anderson, Vontae Davis, Griff Whalen, Jerrell Freeman, Langford, and so on.

All these guys were nobodies before coming to the Colts. They werent top prospects coming out of college nor 1st round picks in the draft. Now they are somebody because Grigson picked them up and Pagano molded them.

As a matter of fact, look at Vontae Davis profile prior to the draft:

Not a natural playmaker. Inconsistent hands for the interception. Doesn't fight through blocks with the physicality in which he comes up to tackle. Best in off-man and zone coverage where he can watch the action, plant and drive to the ball. Faster in shorts than on the field. Peeks back at the quarterback and savvy route-runners can beat him with double moves. Was benched in 2008 by coach Ron Zook, creating questions about his work ethic. Concerns that Vontae, like his brother, Vernon Davis, may lack the drive to turn his unique athleticism into NFL success.

If it werent for Grigson, Vontae would probably have a regular 9-5 job. Grigson saw something in him and was able to pull the trigger. He helped us tremendously today and saw Brady avoiding Vontaes direction most of all game today.

Why would you want to start all over again, take a hit and miss with a new GM and a new coach? When we already built the talent. Where are the Niners this year with a new coaching staff? Peyton is one of the best of all time and cant get his offense going under Kubiaks offense. We play with what we have and if we almost stopped Brady, cant imagine what more we can do when we improve every week. Tired of these "FIRE" threads. Just my 2 cents.

Were not gonna go with who to blame or what shouldve happened. Its on to the next team!

After a game like that, a lot of us needed a good laugh.

Hahaha.

Thanks.

New England is a tough team. We led them at Half. They are one of the greatest teams of all-time actually. I thought Andrew looked pretty good tonight, just not enough to beat the Beast of the East. It is what it is. Pats are very tough and to beat them you have to play 60 minutes. I thought we played Good tonight but not GREAT

Irsay is trying to get to the Superbowl early in the Luck era. He doesn't want it to repeat the Peyton era when he only went to 2 Superbowl. This year should be a defining moment for current staffs of the Colts organization. If after this season the Colts don't make it to the Superbowl, I expect Irsay to clean house and hire a new GM/Head Coach.

I swear the same people on this board who think this staff is okay and can take us to the super bowl are the same people who missed the flight to Jamestown for free Kool aid. This staff a joke how did we become the youngest team in football to the oldest in three years. How did we have big draft bust in two years. How did we become crap against the run for three years and great against the pass and now the roles are reversed.

Irsay is trying to get to the Superbowl early in the Luck era. He doesn't want it to repeat the Peyton era when he only went to 2 Superbowl. This year should be a defining moment for current staffs of the Colts organization. If after this season the Colts don't make it to the Superbowl, I expect Irsay to clean house and hire a new GM/Head Coach.

We cant beat New England without the right Coching/scheme, Great Defense.

I guess all the people that bet 100000 on New England and gave up more than 7 lost haha. I thought it would be 60-0. We arent some chump team,we can play with anyone.

The problem with the colts for a while is they don't outplay teams like the Pats do, they play to team's levels which is very frustrating considering we have the personnel. Simply lack coaching

It performed very well today minus the mistakes. And it all wouldnt have been possible without Grigson and Pagano.

Any other GM would probably would have passed on Luck and we would have Peyton as the QB today. Nobody would take a risk like that. Or be talented enough to pick up players like TY Hilton, Mike Adams, Lowery, Henry Anderson, Vontae Davis, Griff Whalen, Jerrell Freeman, Langford, and so on.

All these guys were nobodies before coming to the Colts. They werent top prospects coming out of college nor 1st round picks in the draft. Now they are somebody because Grigson picked them up and Pagano molded them.

As a matter of fact, look at Vontae Davis profile prior to the draft:

Not a natural playmaker. Inconsistent hands for the interception. Doesn't fight through blocks with the physicality in which he comes up to tackle. Best in off-man and zone coverage where he can watch the action, plant and drive to the ball. Faster in shorts than on the field. Peeks back at the quarterback and savvy route-runners can beat him with double moves. Was benched in 2008 by coach Ron Zook, creating questions about his work ethic. Concerns that Vontae, like his brother, Vernon Davis, may lack the drive to turn his unique athleticism into NFL success.

If it werent for Grigson, Vontae would probably have a regular 9-5 job. Grigson saw something in him and was able to pull the trigger. He helped us tremendously today and saw Brady avoiding Vontaes direction most of all game today.

Why would you want to start all over again, take a hit and miss with a new GM and a new coach? When we already built the talent. Where are the Niners this year with a new coaching staff? Peyton is one of the best of all time and cant get his offense going under Kubiaks offense. We play with what we have and if we almost stopped Brady, cant imagine what more we can do when we improve every week. Tired of these "FIRE" threads. Just my 2 cents.

Were not gonna go with who to blame or what shouldve happened. Its on to the next team!

Well....we need a spark.  I think Grigs is fine and can stay.  Most of what gets us beat isn't talent or lack of it....It's the coaching, calling dumb plays routinely(I'm not talking hte fake punt, that speaks for itself, I'm referring to deliberating going 1 dimensional and throwing for 20 yards every single freaking flipping play in the 2nd half...), playing with no fire (offense, D seems fine).  

Look at what happened when we brought Dungy in, bam, we became a force.  Someone go torture Dungy until he comes back to coach, please.