Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MNF - 10-12-15 Chargers vs Steelers

Girlzarefanstoo

I was waiting for the topic to be started as it usually is by the time I get here.  I don't have all of Uncle Mark's stats and spreads (feel free to add them Mark!)

Who are you going with?  What are the biggest match up issues?  

Steelers always seem to give my Chargers fits, but without Roethlisburger I'm not sure how effective the Steeler offense is going to be.  We played Vick last year with the Jets and he was terrible (of course the Steelers offense definitely ISN'T the Jets!)

I predict we win by 14.  Gates is back, I'm certain they'll have some wrinkles to throw in the game to take advantage of no film this year.  It's time for Melvin Gordon to break out.  I've been shocked at how good his numbers actually are, it hasn't seemed like he's made that big of an impact but he's always a break away threat.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inactives for both teams:

Chargers:
WR Stevie Johnson
CB Craig Mager
RB Donald Brown
OLB Tourek Williams
LG Orlando Franklin
LT King Dunlap
DE Darius Philon

Steelers:
QB Ben Roethlisberger
CB Cortez Allen
LB  Ryan Shazier
LB Anthony Chickillo
G Chris Hubbard
TE Jesse James
NT Daniel McCullers

We're still missing the left side of our O line - not insignificant.  Another terrible injury year on the O-line.  We got out center back today but I heard they may move him to guard right now.  

First game where we have our entire secondary available again.

Inactives for both teams:

Chargers:

WR Stevie Johnson

CB Craig Mager

RB Donald Brown

OLB Tourek Williams

LG Orlando Franklin

LT King Dunlap

DE Darius Philon

Steelers:

QB Ben Roethlisberger

CB Cortez Allen

LB  Ryan Shazier

LB Anthony Chickillo

G Chris Hubbard

TE Jesse James

NT Daniel McCullers

We're still missing the left side of our O line - not insignificant.  Another terrible injury year on the O-line.  We got out center back today but I heard they may move him to guard right now.  

First game where we have our entire secondary available again.

You guys will finish no worse than 2nd in your Division and have a nice shot at one of the WildCard spots IMO. All you have to do is get in than anything can happen. Chargers were the 1 team we could never beat in the Playoffs no matter where you guys were seeded. Peyton always struggled against the Chargers. In a way I am kind of glad we played NE in 2006 instead of you guys in the Title Game. That game would've been at SD too.

One thing I am going to HATE about this game... San Diego is a world class WARM city and all the cold weather folks move there and don't change their team loyalty.  Pittsburgh, Boston, Indy... so there are way too many black and gold jerseys in the crowd.  At times it can be like an away game there.  

The Chargers keep packaging those away games with other games to make it harder but it never works.

One thing I am going to HATE about this game... San Diego is a world class WARM city and all the cold weather folks move there and don't change their team loyalty.  Pittsburgh, Boston, Indy... so there are way too many black and gold jerseys in the crowd.  At times it can be like an away game there.  

The Chargers keep packaging those away games with other games to make it harder but it never works.

It's like that with the Steelers everywhere, here, too.  They've got a huge following and in many cases, it dates back from the 70's with current fans' parents.  

Any news on a stadium deal?  I hope something works out.  The Raiders and Rams may belong in LA but I don't think the Chargers do.   

I have family in the Mt. Soledad and some in the Genessee/52 area.  SD is a great city.

It is that way at the Bengals Stadium when the Steelers come to town.  It's Crazy.

Well GAFT, you have to take the good with the bad. I love San Diego's weather. Envious at times. :)

I was waiting for the topic to be started as it usually is by the time I get here.  I don't have all of Uncle Mark's stats and spreads (feel free to add them Mark!)

Who are you going with?  What are the biggest match up issues?  

Steelers always seem to give my Chargers fits, but without Roethlisburger I'm not sure how effective the Steeler offense is going to be.  We played Vick last year with the Jets and he was terrible (of course the Steelers offense definitely ISN'T the Jets!)

GIRL....here's a late call

The line is SD by 6..and I'd have taken SD and the under....because Pitt may not score

Phil Rivers (100 of 141, 1,249 yards, 70%, 8TDs, 4 INts) vs. Steeelrs 'D' that has 14 QB sacks

Pitt backup Michael Vick throwing to Antonio Brown (34 catches, 478 yards) who has caught 5 passes in 35 consecutive games until last week.

Steelers are using their 4th kicker this season. Its been a problem.

SD without Malcolm Floyd concussion..

an SD win gives them a 3-2 record..There are 3 undefeated teams ..Jets are 3-1 and nobody is 4-1 in the AFC..