Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep called a Wonderful Game.

RealityIsLuck

How do we know that Pep hasn't installed decent game plans all along this year and Luck audibled the offense right into the problems that they have had the first 2+ games

Because god blessed us with two eyes and a brain.

Some pretty interesting and frankly bizarre comments the last few days right in this thread.

Including some who don't think Pep's play calls haven't changed.       Wow!     What games have you been watching?!?

9 catches to Fleeners against J'Ville.    6 or 7 catches to Andre Thursday night.      And some didn't notice that?

More to the point,  there have been almost NO 7 step drops.   Almost all 3-5 step drops for Matt's pass plays,  where as Lucks' have mostly been 5-7 step drops and he looks, and he looks and he looks.

We're committing to the run more and we're running better.  

I'm mystified some here aren't seeing this.      The past 2 weeks with Matt,  we haven't been running the same offense as we did with Andrew the first three weeks.

As for BBZ........     well,  he sees his own game....    lives in his own universe....     nothing surprises me with him....

Some pretty interesting and frankly bizarre comments the last few days right in this thread.

Including some who don't think Pep's play calls haven't changed. Wow! What games have you been watching?!?

9 catches to Fleeners against J'Ville. 6 or 7 catches to Andre Thursday night. And some didn't notice that?

More to the point, there have been almost NO 7 step drops. Almost all 3-5 step drops for Matt's pass plays, where as Lucks' have mostly been 5-7 step drops and he looks, and he looks and he looks.

We're committing to the run more and we're running better.

I'm mystified some here aren't seeing this. The past 2 weeks with Matt, we haven't been running the same offense as we did with Andrew the first three weeks.

As for BBZ........ well, he sees his own game.... lives in his own universe.... nothing surprises me with him....

Yeah, I don't get it either. I think its pretty obvious the play calling is different. We ran probably 4 or 5 bootlegs with Hasselbeck, and we were never doing that with Andrew. That right there is a big change if you ask me. And we are running way more 3-5 step drops as you also correctly pointed out and sticking to the run game. Pep has clearly adjusted the offense. I've been hard on Pep but he's called two great games in a row, and the Texans game might have been his best job as a play caller for the Colts.

I think that a lot of the adjustments to the protection scheme in this game were determined without thought of who the QB was going to be. I think it was more of a JJ Watt influenced game plan.

Either way, it worked like gangbusters against Houston, completely neutralizing the best player in football.

Pep called a heck of a game and I think that, like others have said, that we may have finally found our identity on offense. It was a crime how little we threw to TEs in the first 3 games.

Of course, all bets are off against NE, who have shown no real weaknesses yet this season... I hope (but by no means expect) Dallas can find out what their Kryptonite is before we play them next week. I also hope that the answer isn't "Have the best O-Line in football."

Like him or not, Pep was a genius this game. He utilized AJ beautifully, got Gore involved and really played to Hasselbecks strengths while not putting too much pressure on him.

If Pep can call games like this consistently, look out we could really start rolling. 

ALSO: Shoutout to the OL they played their butts off tonight and really helped make Pep's job easier. 

Maybe.

But his QB did see the field well and execute the short to mid-range game very well. Thanks Matt, says Pep.