Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Changes

Slick_Rick

I know there have been grumblings all season long about BP and Jim Caldwell, I was just wondering what you guys are hearing. With the firing of Bill and the large possibility of Jim being gone as well, will we change everything we do such as our approach to free agency and the draft? Are we finally going to start fixing our defense? It's hard to get Colts news down in Texas lol

I know there have been grumblings all season long about BP and Jim Caldwell, I was just wondering what you guys are hearing. With the firing of Bill and the large possibility of Jim being gone as well, will we change everything we do such as our approach to free agency and the draft? Are we finally going to start fixing our defense? It's hard to get Colts news down in Texas lol

Actually the first step was taken when Coyer was fired. Defense playing more man, and playing tighter. Personell still average, but results are improved D through last 3 or 4 games.

The defense may have slightly looked better the last few games but MJD tore us up still and Gabbert didn't do horribly against us as he played bad all year really...the texans were on their 3rd string rookie quarterback without Andre Johnson and their tight end, and Locker did pretty good late in the game against us...so I'm not really sold that the defense got better after Coyer we have a ton of work to do I hope we do go to a more basic 4-3 if anything but we need to get more aggressive sure tacklers on our team and as everyone knows some corners a SS and a DT that can really fill the gaps and move people around...Hopefully we can get a good GM in Indy some better coaches and do well in the draft and free agency...we need to do well in all those things if we want to get better faster

How can't all of us fans be extremely excited about next year though...yeah sure there is some uncertainty about Manning but regardless of that there are still a plethera of good things to come. I still believe that the Colts will draft Luck regardless of Manning, because he is an asset especially if Manning doesn't return, but if Manning does return and appears to be good I think they can still trade him for huge value before the regular season or pre-season.

I'm sure hoping that our defense improves and we focus on that...we really have some sore spots there to address and we also need to address the Wayne resigning/replacement....all in all it's going to be one of the most active fun off-seasons the Colts have probably ever had.

I think there are several issues to decide, and we are heading toward a very interesting draft season.

Fate of Jim Caldwell is not decided yet, according to Mr. Irsay's statements, but will be decided after naming new GM. Until then JC is sitting in a bailout seat.

I think there is about 60-70% chance of firing Jim Caldwell.

We have to improve our D and ST, offense will be ok. if Manning returns, but I would like to see some new people in our O-line too.

Its hilarious how our incredible special teams is ignored. Starting from coach to players. If we take an average of last 10 years with our ST performance, i am thinking we are last in the league by distance.

You are right, we have the worst special team.

Does anybody renenber when we reached punt return TD last time?

I don't really ever remember us returning a punt for a td. I remember seeing one or two kick returns for a td but thats about it. I think the reason special teams is so over looked is because Peyton. There aren't many qbs that can consistently drive the length of the field like him. Imagine if we regularly had the ball around the 30 instead of the 20 or 15. Those yards can sure make a difference

Remember one year when Fisher brought the Titans in here and did about 4 onside kicks? His comment after the game was that even if the Colts recovered, what's the difference between them starting at the 20 or the 45, Manning will get that 25 yards difference in about 3 plays.

I don't really ever remember us returning a punt for a td. I remember seeing one or two kick returns for a td but thats about it. I think the reason special teams is so over looked is because Peyton. There aren't many qbs that can consistently drive the length of the field like him. Imagine if we regularly had the ball around the 30 instead of the 20 or 15. Those yards can sure make a difference

There are alot of issues on this team, but special teams is definitely one of the worst. It has been a complete afterthought for years on this team. Another thing this shows is this team has absolutely no depth, it was also exposed by the effects of injuries. It will take a while to build depth on this team, especially if Manning stays and the team retains quite a few of the upcoming free agents, but new coaching could definitely help.