Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis Has Reached A Decision On If He'll Play Sunday

TKnight24

I'd like to see him get a few snaps, more each week, and be full steam by game 6.

I'd just like it to start game 2,  at home,  so Robert could be welcomed back in style!     :thmup:

I'm not saying he's not needed this week -- because he is!    I'd still like to go cautiously.

It wasn't that long ago that Irsay was talking about October or maybe even November.

Then it became closer to October.....         then it became September.....    now maybe it's week 1.

I'd like someone in charge -- (read:  not Robert)  to tap the breaks a bit and slow this down a little....

I'd rather a week too late than a week too soon.

I'd just like it to start game 2,  at home,  so Robert could be welcomed back in style!     :thmup:

I'm not saying he's not needed this week -- because he is!    I'd still like to go cautiously.

It wasn't that long ago that Irsay was talking about October or maybe even November.

Then it became closer to October.....         then it became September.....    now maybe it's week 1.

I'd like someone in charge -- (read:  not Robert)  to tap the breaks a bit and slow this down a little....

I'd rather a week too late than a week too soon.

The only ones whose opinions I care about regarding when Mathis can play are the team doctors.

That is true, my bad. Either way, my expectations aren't sky high for him this year.

Hey I don't blame ya it is going to be a tough task for him, but everyone has their opinions. I just happen to believe Mathis will come back strong from the injury, and hungry.

We don't need the 19.5 sack version of Mathis... If we get a 10 sack version of him then that is about what we would need out of him.

We don't need the 19.5 sack version of Mathis... If we get a 10 sack version of him then that is about what we would need out of him.

Agreed I am not expecting him to get 19.5, but I could see him getting somewhere between 8-12 this season. Anything else is just gravy.