Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That Browns Game On The Schedule Next Year Sticks Out So Bad

buffalo34

The Colts and Browns play each other because both teams finished in last place in their respective divisions.

I still find this a bit funny, because normally when the Colts play a team out of the AFC North, it's the Ravens or Steelers.

Especially because the Browns are a team the Colts encounter only when they play the AFC North in its entirety (once every 3 years). Same thing with any non-Patriots team in the AFC East (Miami/Bills/Jets).

Looking forward to our game next year (Bills-Colts). Our defense will probably still be bad enough that we'll lose, but the last time we came to Indy (2006), we gave you a good run for your money, with Lindell missing a FG with 6 minutes to go that would've put us on top. Wouldn't have mattered most likely had me made it, because the Colts effortlessly ran out the clock from there on out.

Also, I miss seeing the Colts on national TV.

Buffalo34. I have missed playing you guys twice a year like the old days. Lots of great games. You guys need to find out what went wrong down the stretch. I know you will turn it around. Most of the Colt nation wants to see a better defense, better special teams and healthier players. Good luck next year!

Yeah buffalo34 I'm a huge Bills fan as well. Darius is a MACHINE and will be for a long time. He reminds me of BRUCE! My father is from the Syracuse, NY area originally ad is a die-hard Bills fan, for better or worse. Injuries plagued them this season, which was unfortunate. Freddy healthy and a re-signed Stevie Johnson will make all the difference. After a while down the stretch, my father gave me his point of view; looking forward to the draft, which ironically helped me cope with 13 straight losses. Cheers to a good draft pick brother!

Peyton has always had trouble against Romeo Crennel's defenses. Without Crennel, the Browns aren't as big a threat to us. It does depend on how they work the draft, with all the picks they have. But I don't think they will do enough to beat us, their offense leaves a lot to be desired

Romeo Crennel is a beast. He also beat Tim Tebow with ease. I've always said it doesn't take a good defense to beat Tebow - it takes a good defensive minded coach or DC. Crennel is Tim Tebow's kryptonite. You have a guy who can position the chess pieces correctly, then you have a winning anti-Tebow formula.

I think injuries and lack of depth killed us down the stretch. We lost our top center and the results showed.

We lost Kyle Williams who really turned into a star on our DL.

Lots of injuries to the OL, but for the most part I was happy with this unit's performance this year.

And a circus at WR due to injuries which can easily kill a team's chemistry.

Still need to get a good pass rush, though...

Oh yeah, Fred Jackson. Especially when at the time he went down to IR he represented 40% of your team's yards...

How we get stiff with Freaking NEw England again and we also have to face Rodgers now too wth well there are two loseable games right there. WE have no way of getting to Rodgers in that game and the Viking game going to be another nightmare since we all know the run defence of our SUCKS and they are just going to run the ball down our throats and the same Goes for Detoit and Chicago..........

The Colts and Browns play each other because both teams finished in last place in their respective divisions.

I still find this a bit funny, because normally when the Colts play a team out of the AFC North, it's the Ravens or Steelers.

Especially because the Browns are a team the Colts encounter only when they play the AFC North in its entirety (once every 3 years). Same thing with any non-Patriots team in the AFC East (Miami/Bills/Jets).

Looking forward to our game next year (Bills-Colts). Our defense will probably still be bad enough that we'll lose, but the last time we came to Indy (2006), we gave you a good run for your money, with Lindell missing a FG with 6 minutes to go that would've put us on top. Wouldn't have mattered most likely had me made it, because the Colts effortlessly ran out the clock from there on out.

Also, I miss seeing the Colts on national TV.

The Browns may also be the team we trade the No.1 pick to..to get their 2 picks..

..so the Colts could be facing Andrew Luck and the Browns in 2012