Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

State of affairs

MCurtis32

lets see. We are not going to improve with free agency, although we picked up a center no one wanted. We let a very talented linebacker leave for Jacksonville. The coaching staff is getting less talented every year.I think Manning has played his best ball already. One of two things need to happen. Play to win now or plan for the future so that the team will continue to be competative after the manning era. Lord knows we all dont want another 80-90s stretch. It seems the front office feels the draft is the way to build. I hope they are right.

lets see. We are not going to improve with free agency, although we picked up a center no one wanted. We let a very talented linebacker leave for Jacksonville. The coaching staff is getting less talented every year.I think Manning has played his best ball already. One of two things need to happen. Play to win now or plan for the future so that the team will continue to be competative after the manning era. Lord knows we all dont want another 80-90s stretch. It seems the front office feels the draft is the way to build. I hope they are right.

Jacksonville overpaid for him anyway. I liked Session, but he was not worth that much, especially with Conner's solid play and the fact that we have proven that we can win without him. Manning had his highest season total for yardage last year without 2 strong weapons in Clark and Collie. It is arguable whether he has or hasn't played his best ball, but he is still a top 5 player in the NFL and you can count on him to have another great season. Peyton is nearly guaranteed for 4000 yards and 30 TDs each year.

Our run D isn't any better.

I totally agree and I'm tired of watching teams run it down our throat

Really? How many yards have we given up per carry this season so far?

Oh, that's right...we haven't played yet, so we know absolutely nothing about our run defense.

@OP: Peyton started last season with 15 TD's to 2 INT's, and was on pace to break single season records in TD's and yards before half of the team went down. He still finished with 4700 yards and 33 scores. Hardly pedestrian numbers.

1) We are not going to improve in free agency= welcome to Colts fan-hood. Nothing new here.

2) Session was a good linebacker for us, but we could not afford 30M a year...that's business. I don't know what you want us to do...sign Session and release Mathis or Wayne or our entire O line?

3) Peyton played amazing last year. I don't know what season you were looking at

4) The only statement I agree with is that our coaching staff isn't getting any better.