Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please Consider This (Edited)...

doogansquest

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to the original post, I couldn't agree more, the players are here to compete and win football games, this is their entire job. I don't go to work with the intent of only meeting half of my production quota, why on earth would these guys ever come to a game not to win?What the coaches and FO decide to do with them, though, is out of their hands. I remember seeing the reactions of several of the starters when they were pulled from the Jets game a couple yeas ago when the decision was made to rest them. These guys are programmed to give their best every play, every game. There is no quit in them. I hope no fan would expect them to tank, and it has been stated time and again here that nobody is talking about tanking. I prefer to see my team win, no matter what, but that is just how I am. I get that some see a loss and the insured #1 pick as greater gain, and I'm fine with that. Doesn't make you less a fan, just different from me in how you support your team.

For the umpteenth time, fans hoping for a loss is not the same as suggesting the players don't try. It really isn't.

For the umpteenth time, fans hoping for a loss is not the same as suggesting the players don't try. It really isn't.

hmm..I could have swore players listen to fans;-)

Actually fans can do whatever they want. Thats why they're fans

Don't be ridiculous. You're supposed to be a moderator, a position of responsibility, and you're coming out with "if you don't like it then leave" which is a ridiculous position to take in any situation. People are allowed to have issues with the way the site is run without wanting to leave. If you vote democrat but a republican President wins, and you complain about it, then wouldn't you be disgusted if somebody told you to # off to another country? No, you have the right to disagree without being told to leave, as we should do on here.

I don't think it is very ridiculous. The rules are clearly set out for all the members to read and it is the duty of the member to read them and understand them before posting. If something comes up where a member is breaking a rule, then we step in. If someone attacks another member and it gets reported, then mods step in and edit the post or let the attacker know that what they do isn't acceptable on this forum. The rules are not complicated and aren't hard to follow.

As for your Democrat/Republican analogy, here is my view on it. As a US citizen, you have the right to vote (and some would say you have the duty to vote) and voice your opinion on issues. However, the right to swing my fist ends where another man's nose begins. I can voice my opinion, but cannot infringe upon the rights of others. I can say the way someone (be it the president or a member on this forum) handled a situation or said anything is wrong in my opinion and give statements to back it up. I cannot go around and say "So and so is an dipstick because his/her views disagree with mine" or anything to that effect.

If you have an issue with the way something is being done somewhere, you don't go to everyone and yell and scream and complain about it. You go to the person in charge or the person responsible and talk with them. Of course, you all have the right to disagree with anyone and in fact, we encourage you to voice your opinion when you know others have a differing view, but just because someone's views differ from yours, that doesn't give you the right to attack them and call them names. If they do something like that, report it to the mods and we will take care of it.

I am not going to discuss this issue any further in this forum. If you, or anyone else for that matter, wishes to further discuss this, feel free to send me a PM.

"I hope no fan would expect them to tank, and it has been stated time and again here that nobody is talking about tanking. I prefer to see my team win, no matter what, but that is just how I am. I get that some see a loss and the insured #1 pick as greater gain, and I'm fine with that. Doesn't make you less a fan, just different from me in how you support your team." I agree, as you can see from the quote from my earlier post. Again, I will cheer for the players that the team puts on the field, and hope that they win every game. I understand the opposite viewpoint and respect it, but disagree with it.