Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Danny Orlovsky Stays, Right?

oldunclemark

He won two games vs the titans and a severely banged up texans... let's not get carried away here.

Some say the Titans and Texans tanked so Colts would not get lucky in the draft. They don't want to look at another 10 years of Colts quarterbacking at the nth degree.

Now I don't buy this, but I'm just sayin'...

Some say the Titans and Texans tanked so Colts would not get lucky in the draft. They don't want to look at another 10 years of Colts quarterbacking at the nth degree.

Now I don't buy this, but I'm just sayin'...

Please point out for me the rocket scientist who said that the Texans, playing for a first round bye, tanked the game to prevent Luck from coming to Indy. Surely it was someone credible and just a message board ^fool^.

He's better than Painter and the Colts would like to have 3 QBs. If they draft Luck, he'll probably stay and if they don't then he's definitely staying and as a backup. Andrew Luck would be better as a 3rd stringer because Orlovsky would know the offense better than Luck. Luck is a project not a backup quarterback. He's the heir not the backup. Orlovsky is better than Painter, so yeah, I think he stays.

Please point out for me the rocket scientist who said that the Texans, playing for a first round bye, tanked the game to prevent Luck from coming to Indy. Surely it was someone credible and just a message board ^fool^.

Nooooo, of course no credibility. The only reason I posted it is because it's funny.

We will carry, which 3 I don't know yet. Manning is entering a stage of his career he's (and we) are not familiar with, the final years winding down. There are only so many throws in that arm, and he and the coaches would be wise to let him take enough of the first rep snaps until they are crisp and sharp, and lthen et our heir apparent take the others. If we are way up are way down (hope not, God forbid) in a game, then let the #2 in to mop up. #3 can run the scout team. If you wish to get the most out of Manning, you can't use up the rest of what little is left in the gas tank too fast. It's hard for Manning to improve his intelligence in football at this stage, and nearly impossible for him to get better in the physical game.

No, i don't believe any team is trying to tank. Remember, many of those guys are -

A. Free agent and they need to make a case for a new contract

B. A normally solid but not spectacular player that will have a new coach coming in. If film shows the new coach someone not hustling and taking plays off, that player(s) just might not "fit the new system"

C.Unproven rook or Soph, with more Rooks and Sophs coming in behind them Need to make a mark to get the upper hand over an equally talent newbie coming in.

And the rest are professionals that take their job and personal performance in it seriously. Their pride in their contribution. Their body of work, that will ultimately show up in the stat sheets too. No way these folks get lazy and hope their FO drafts 'the' hot college commodity.

I'd like to get #1, but we get what we get. Either that #1 pick or #2 and our 3rd straight win to end this year and build for next. :)