Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Romo declares that Cowboys will win the super bowl next year

RockThatBlue

What does that have to do with Murray being their best player last year? And they replaced him with McFadden ...

They didn't replace him with McFadden. Joseph Randall will get more carries than McFadden. Just because they signed him doesn't make him the new work horse there

They didn't replace him with McFadden. Joseph Randall will get more carries than McFadden. Just because they signed him doesn't make him the new work horse there

Ok. We'll see if either of them approach Murray's production and how long Dallas stays committed to them before just having Romo sling it which has been their MO since he got there ...

What is he suppose to say? "Nah, we don't have a chance winning a super bowl"? Every player has to go into the season feeling they are going to the super bowl. We know it's not realistic but that's the mind set you want your players to be in.

It doesn't have to be one or the other....there's an 'in between' declaring you are going to win the Superbowl and saying 'No we don't have a chance'. Of course you have to be in the mindset that you will, but these guys are trained how to answer these types of questions and be politically correct in most of their media answers. Sometimes we hate the cookie cutter answers and wish players would say what they really think, but in this case saying something like "We have a great opportunity with this team this year and I know our expectations are as high as they've ever been" will go a long way in avoiding the ridicule that comes with the territory of not backing up a gaurantee.

It doesn't have to be one or the other....there's an 'in between' declaring you are going to win the Superbowl and saying 'No we don't have a chance'. Of course you have to be in the mindset that you will, but these guys are trained how to answer these types of questions and be politically correct in most of their media answers. Sometimes we hate the cookie cutter answers and wish players would say what they really think, but in this case saying something like "We have a great opportunity with this team this year and I know our expectations are as high as they've ever been" will go a long way in avoiding the ridicule that comes with the territory of not backing up a gaurantee.

Words are just words. Way too much is put into something a player said. Once the players hit the field that stuff don't enter their mind. If it does then their mind is not where it is suppose to be. You mention politically correct. IMO that is way overblown and a huge pile of horse dung. If you so weak mentally that someone's words hurts your feeling then maybe it's time you grew up mentally. Why should anyone have to be "in between" as you say? Say what you think and live with it. If you make a mistake it's not the end of the world. The media has a very good habit of taking a comment and insinuating something else. They are mostly piles of horse dung too. I would rather a player speak what's on his mind than sound like a pre written puppet.

Of course they want to hear that Romo wants to win. But declaring a Super Bowl victory is just setting the fanbase and teammates up for disappointment.

Exactly QB, it has the aura & air of predestination entitlement to it which always rubs me the wrong way. Confidence is 1 thing but hubris is quite another reality entirely. 

I won't deny that Dallas offensive line is spectacular, but with a Jerry Jones attitude like that inside their Valley Ranch facility overflowing at the seams, I wanna see the Lone Star get demolished by the NY Giants as often as possible. Not to mention, I like to see a rematch game against INDY too eventually.