Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oakland vs. Kansas City

oldunclemark

They meet twice in the last 5 weeks..

Oakland also plays San Diego on Christmas Eve at 8 p.m.

...odd time for a game, isn't it?

I HATE 8PM GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!  We got beaten in Oakland on a late night start game the year before last - it's so weird on the body that it can really impact a team's performance.  I hope this time the practice all week at 8 PM.

They don't play Christmas Eve, though....

Has there ever been an NFL game on Christmas Eve when that day wasn't a Sunday?

Yes. It's not usual, but in 2011, Christmas was a Sunday. Most of the regular games were moved to Saturday, then there was one Sunday night game, and one Monday night game. In 2007, they had a Monday night game on Christmas Eve, another Chargers game, vs. Denver. In 2005, Christmas was again on Sunday. They moved most of the games to Saturday, and had two games Sunday, and one game Monday. In 2004, Christmas Eve was on a Friday, and they had one game (which is weird). 

This year, Christmas Eve is a Thursday, when likely nothing else will be on TV besides re-runs and Christmas stuff. The NFL likes Thursday games, especially between teams that don't usually draw TV audiences. 

It's 8p East Coast,  5p West Coast.

I don't think West Coast night games typically start any earlier than 8p.....

I turned myself around....    I meant West Coast Games typically don't start earlier than 5p our time,  8 p in the East.

Fans can't get to the game much before 5p.    They've got to take off time from work....

Sorry for the confusion....    :peek:        :giveup:

It's 8p East Coast,  5p West Coast.

I don't think West Coast night games typically start any earlier than 8p.....

Its a 5:25 p.m. start in California, that's true.....By Christmas eve I meant the night of Dec. 24.....

...It seems foolish to me....Nobody with a family is watching the NFL on Christmas Eve..

Christmas Day...yes..kind of a captive audience there...but there's a lot of 'moving parts' on Christmas Eve.

But its the NFL...they will probably sell out

Its a 5:25 p.m. start in California, that's true.....By Christmas eve I meant the night of Dec. 24.....

...It seems foolish to me....Nobody with a family is watching the NFL on Christmas Eve..

Christmas Day...yes..kind of a captive audience there...but there's a lot of 'moving parts' on Christmas Eve.

Oh....   sorry,  I didn't quite realize we were talking about New Year's eve...

It makes me wonder if the NFL asked the home team what they would prefer?   1p, 4p?   5p or whatever...

As you know,  TV is ALWAYS heavily involved.   In fact,  they may have dictated the start of this one...

Not an easy call...   still, a bit of a head scratcher...     :scratch:

They don't play Christmas Eve, though....Has there ever been an NFL game on Christmas Eve when that day wasn't a Sunday?

One of the most famous Playoff games ever played on Christmas Eve : 1977 : Saturday

The Oakland Raiders v. The Baltimore Colts "Ghost to the Post" ... really do not like remembering that ... Great game, though.

its a Thursday night game. They have a Thursday game every week

again..try reading......Christmas Eve.....the night before Christmas...

Not everybody hangs out with their family on Christmas Eve. Lots of people have to work, the millionaires will be fine. The ratings will still be good. I'd rather watch Oakland vs. KC than Christmas Story for the billionth time.

Not everybody hangs out with their family on Christmas Eve. Lots of people have to work, the millionaires will be fine.

Lots of people work because lots of people are out shopping...which makes it hard for them to watch football

..like I said...I didn't think folks would watch or attend on Xmas Eve...

Game is in San Diego....I'd assume they'd sell out but the night of Dec. 24 is a tougher sell than Xmas Day

Lots of people work because lots of people are out shopping...which makes it hard for them to watch football

..like I said...I didn't think folks would watch or attend on Xmas Eve...

Game is in San Diego....I'd assume they'd sell out but the night of Dec. 24 is a tougher sell than Xmas Day

It's the NFL if they play a game people will attend or watch at home. The hardcore football fan probably isn't going to be out shopping. A lot of places open very early in the morning and close early on Christmas Eve (at least they do where I live) if the game is at 8 the workers and shoppers should be home.

It's the NFL if they play a game people will attend or watch at home. The hardcore football fan probably isn't going to be out shopping. A lot of places open very early in the morning and close early on Christmas Eve (at least they do where I live) if the game is at 8 the workers and shoppers should be home.

Where I am.....the stores stay open late for shoppers and those among us who are unlucky are required to work to help them buy cheap

crap at the last minute for heartfelt gifts..or stock up on food because the markets are closed on the 25....Its a long night

..But you will probably be proven right...