Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CBS sports has the Colts taking Landon Collins in the first and Quinten Rollins in the second. What do you guys think of this. Personally, I like it. Collins would be our SS, while I think Rollins would make a nice backup, and then move to FS when Adams retires. Thoughts??

CBS sports has the Colts taking Landon Collins in the first and Quinten Rollins in the second. What do you guys think of this. Personally, I like it. Collins would be our SS, while I think Rollins would make a nice backup, and then move to FS when Adams retires. Thoughts??

I like both picks. Collins would be a good SS if used in a traditional SS role ( like Seattle uses Kam Chancellor.) For Rollins, I personally see him as a corner rather than a FS. I like someone like James Sample as a potential FS or even Senquez Golson who I can see playing a Tyrann Mathieu type role, playing FS/ nickel Corner.

If we take Collins in the first I hope he is used as a traditional SS spending most of his time ITB. I am not as down as some are on Collins but I am not high on him either. I feel he is good enough in coverage to take on RBs and TEs man to man but slot receivers and deep zone coverage could cause issues for him. I also am with the group that Rollins could back up at CB this year and also learn the ropes to play FS this next season. Rollins has to skills to be a above average FS imo he has good speed and instincts for a S and he can also tackle really well.

I like it. But if we get this done we need to adjust our scheme to make sure that we use Collins as a traditional ITB SS. I really like the idea of Rollins as a single high FS. He's very solid in coverage, fits our scheme beautifully, IMO just a few ticks too slow to play corner in a man scheme.

I like it though. But in this scenario we would need to address the D line in the 3rd.