Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All or nothing risky super bowl or bust mock draft

I thought with all the normal mocks going on that i would do something on the wild side. This is a mock where we completely fix our defense, but we trade away our 2016 and 2017 1st round picks. The idea is to get a defense together that can combine with our offense to win the Super Bowl and hopefully create a Colts dynasty.

Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)

Round 1 Pick 18 (K.C.): Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri (A)

Round 1 Pick 29: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)

Round 4 Pick 6 (WASH): Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State (A)

Round 4 Pick 10 (T.B.): David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)

Round 4 Pick 29: Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona State (B+)

Round 5 Pick 3 (JAX): Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (B+)

Round 6 Pick 31: Austin Hill, WR, Arizona (A)

Round 7 Pick 38 (COMP): Cam Thomas, CB, Western Kentucky (A-)

This is the risky mock draft where we sacrifice our 1st rounders in 2016 and 2017 to get the 3 elite defensive players to put this team over the top. We also get a serviceable RB and some decent role players as well.

So would you do this if you got these players guaranteed knowing the price? This is something that has about as much chance of happening as me winning the lottery with one ticket, but it's something different that could be pulled off if Grigson had the guts to pull the trigger and it's something to think about at the least because we could trade up and get one of these players.

sheesh if everyone hated my trades, im not too sure what they'll think of yours

I did say it was completely unrealistic.  haha Remember, this is a one in a billion scenario that's mostly a "would you do it" thing. I know this won't happen. I'd be happy with any of these 3 players. Also, I can't tell by your response if you just read the draft or saw that I said we are trading our next 2 years firsts.

I thought with all the normal mocks going on that i would do something on the wild side. This is a mock where we completely fix our defense, but we trade away our 2016 and 2017 1st round picks. The idea is to get a defense together that can combine with our offense to win the Super Bowl and hopefully create a Colts dynasty.

Round 1 Pick 12 (CLE): Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)

Round 1 Pick 18 (K.C.): Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri (A)

Round 1 Pick 29: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)

Round 4 Pick 6 (WASH): Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State (A)

Round 4 Pick 10 (T.B.): David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)

Round 4 Pick 29: Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona State (B+)

Round 5 Pick 3 (JAX): Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (B+)

Round 6 Pick 31: Austin Hill, WR, Arizona (A)

Round 7 Pick 38 (COMP): Cam Thomas, CB, Western Kentucky (A-)

This is the risky mock draft where we sacrifice our 1st rounders in 2016 and 2017 to get the 3 elite defensive players to put this team over the top. We also get a serviceable RB and some decent role players as well.

So would you do this if you got these players guaranteed knowing the price? This is something that has about as much chance of happening as me winning the lottery with one ticket, but it's something different that could be pulled off if Grigson had the guts to pull the trigger and it's something to think about at the least because we could trade up and get one of these players.

In the spirit of the thread I'd take:

Shelton at 13

Collins at 18

Trade out of the first for an early 2nd and third

Perryman at say 36ish

and ending with Donavan Smith or Abdullah in the 3rd.

4th I'd take a chance on Holliman too since I'd say we have some cushion lol

That was fun!

I would trade our next two firsts on a heartbeat for those picks, but we would have to give up a geek of a lot more than two firsts for it. How do mid 20s picks two years from now get us 12 and 18?

I would trade our next two firsts on a heartbeat for those picks, but we would have to give up a geek of a lot more than two firsts for it. How do mid 20s picks two years from now get us 12 and 18?

It's difficult to tell with no explanation, but it looks like he traded a 6th, 7th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, and two future 1sts for two 1sts, two 4ths, and a 5th...

I could be wrong, though because I can't reread the OP while writing on my phone.

It still seems like we would have to give up a lot more than that to make this happen... Maybe the OP has also accounted for giving away more picks from '16 and '17