Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everybody should make a meme of their least favorite player laying under ole Chuck

BloodyChamp

He says that he didn't know Frank was laying there. He says that he laid the hit, ran around until he figured out the play was over then did what he did and said "this * game is over", having ended up back near Frank by coincidence. I'm pretty sure I don't believe that lol!

Has everybody forgotten about Taj Smith? ?? If memory serves me correct if it wasn't for him running into the kicker, we would've advanced in the playoffs in 2010??? Memory kinda fozzy, but i would choose him.

I still remember him making some solid contributions on special teams, though.  Guys like Baskett and Richardson did nothing to contribute

0805_SW_bednarik.jpg

Trent, Hank Baskett, and Cribbs are all leading candidates haha.  Funny how an image like this is so iconic in football history, but doing this today would get you a flag for taunting....

That's so true..

there were so many things you could do in the NFL back then that you cant even do in MMA now

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Does a reporter bear any responsibility about what he includes in his pieces? Sourced or not? Is everything a source tell you printable? Is everything worth printing? BTW I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I just wonder if there are any ethical considerations a reporter might have when reporting on this type of touchy subject, especially when some of those anonymous scouts might have vested interest in a player getting drafted higher or lower than currently projected? 
    • Again….   McGinn didn’t do the damage to Mitchell.  The scouts did.     And there are columnists like McGinn at every major paper.  Their job is to gather info and report it, whether it’s popular or not.    Let me turn this around.  Hypothetically, a few years from now if Mitchell doesn’t pan out and he’s moody and difficult to deal with and he’s a bust, then the scouts will have been proven correct.  And people here will say McGinn’s column was spot on.   Another person who should’ve handled his business better is Mitchell himself.  He’s been living with this since he was roughly 16.   And scouts said he interviewed badly with them.   Even Mitchell admits it.     I don’t think this is as black and white as it seems to you.      To be clear…. I love Mitchell.  Glad we drafted him.  I’ve said several times that Ballard defending him draft night was smart and scored points with the kid.  Now he comes out and says that exact thing.  He appreciates that Ballard defended him so hard and he wants to pay the Colts and Ballard back by being the best player he can be.   
    • I’d say those teams that lost had worse defenses compared to the winners. That’s not to say that their defenses were bad, they just weren’t as clutch in the big moment.    To me, defense matters a whole lot when you need a stop or a momentum change.    Look at all of the star studded power offense teams of the last decade who were incapable of winning it all. 
    • Oops that’s my mistake. Yeah I completely missed that. My apologies.   But yeah he’s one I would keep an eye on for us next year. Him and Will Johnson. It’s a little early to be talking about what the Colts would do in the draft, but I would put money on this being the year Ballard takes a DB high. I could also see him go D-Line again. I love college football and watch as much of it as I can, but I’ll be paying attention to a lot of the guys you listed at those positions. Last season I watched a lot of the teams that had the elite receivers (Washington, Texas, LSU, FSU, etc…).   I’m also getting ready to fire my draft podcasts I listen to back up and look at summer scouting. I’ll come back for some discussions as I get info as I always enjoy talking prospects with you.
    • The issue some may have is the kind of journalism where Bob McGinn created an article that affected a young man's career based solely upon anonymous sources.   I'm confident you will reply back referring to your experience as a journalist with some version of 'without anonymous sources, there would be no journalism'. I value reading your insight about how sports are covered and I don't disagree that anonymous sources can be important. Its fair for anonymous sources to give background about things they are not comfortable saying out loud.   However, I'll add that perhaps its also fair for Bob McGinn to use his anonymous sources to help him find the story and craft the story, but if nobody will put their name on it then Bob McGinn needs to dig deeper before he launches infotainment into the world. He can't take back the damage he did to AD Mitchell.    
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 19,968

• KB

KB 1,152

• Jackie Daytona

Jackie Daytona 3,313

• All Outta Luck

All Outta Luck 4

Rookie
    • wig

wig 264