Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible players on the trading block.

Who do you think is on the block? Who would you like to look at adding? What would you give up? I'll start.. I could see these players on the block, and would give this up for them..

• Cameron Jordan, DE, NO          2nd
  • Dion Jordan, OLB, MIA             4th
  • Evan Mathis, OG, PHI                3rd
  • Micheal Brockers, DT, STL       3rd
  • Dee Milliner, CB, NYJ                5th
  • Moris Claiborne, CB, DAL         5th
  • Jahri Evans, OG, NO                 6th
  • Zach Streif, OT, NO                   3rd
  • Jarius Byrd, S, NO                     2nd

What do you guys think? Who do you think is on the block? And who would you be interested in adding and what would you give up?

Ew. Vaccaro was atrocious last year. I wouldn't give more then a 5th. I doubt the Saints trade for less then a 3rd.

Ehh, Vaccaro wasn't that bad. He's worse against the run than against the pass, and he does a pretty good job covering the slot. He fits the profile of a Pagano safety, physically. And he'd be as good of a prospect as anyone in this year's draft.

To me, the drawback is his contract is fully guaranteed. That's $1.26m in 2015, and $1.69m in 2016. 

Ehh, Vaccaro wasn't that bad. He's worse against the run than against the pass, and he does a pretty good job covering the slot. He fits the profile of a Pagano safety, physically. And he'd be as good of a prospect as anyone in this year's draft.

To me, the drawback is his contract is fully guaranteed. That's $1.26m in 2015, and $1.69m in 2016. 

PFF had Vaccaro rated as 85th S last season. Thats 3rd worst of all S' that played 25% of snaps.

And actually I think his larger problem is Coverage. He is okay in the slot, but can't play over the top or in the box zone like we would need. PFF had him with a -6.4 in coverage, and -5.6 in run.

To me I'm fine paying someone >2m if they are a bust, It would stop me from taking the risk if I was for it, which I am not though. That wouldn't of been the problem to me, his skill/production would of been.

PFF had Vaccaro rated as 85th S last season. Thats 3rd worst of all S' that played 25% of snaps.

And actually I think his larger problem is Coverage. He is okay in the slot, but can't play over the top or in the box zone like we would need. PFF had him with a -6.4 in coverage, and -5.6 in run.

To me I'm fine paying someone >2m if they are a bust, It would stop me from taking the risk if I was for it, which I am not though. That wouldn't of been the problem to me, his skill/production would of been.

I'm not worried about his PFF grades. And while he obviously isn't great, the thinking would be that we could draw a little more out of him than the Saints have.

And worst case scenario, if he's a third safety / nickel cover man, plus a special teamer, then that's not so bad. 

I highly doubt Michael Brockers is available from St. Louis. I would imagine he would be a guy we would look at trading for if he was indeed available. 

I actually remember reading that we had met with him a couple of times prior to the 2012 draft. That doesn't mean we were really interested in him necessarily, but I could see him being a great value, especially for a 3rd round pick. One caveat, I am not sure the type of contract he will warrant here in a couple of years.