Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coaching Staff Discussion Post-Win [Merge]

antipatriot

He won't win the last 3 games (Texans are too good)... He should have been fired a month ago. I guess it would just be a waste of time to fire him and have an interim. It also doesn't send the greatest message to the guys in the locker room.

I agree Andy and I don't think the wins no matter how many will save his job this year. No sense in making a change until the end of the season in my opinion. If he saves his job many will be surprised I'm sure. I was just glad to get the win because the players deserved it today because all 3 phases of the team did well.

If we we 3 straight at the tail end of this dismal season, I'll be really impressed. My respect for Jim will go up for sure but this guy still needs to get fired 0-16, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13 regardless. I don't know about you guys but despite the terrible personnel decisions recently, I still have a lot of respect for the Polians and I have faith they can right this team with a 100% Peyton but keeping Caldwell would be a big hint, to me at least, that they're going to the wrong way.

hal....

If we were to win the last three......(which I agree is unlikely)

..the players would campaign for Jim C to return,...right?

..I think their wishes would be honored

...that Caldwell will be fired if the Colts go 1-15. Looks like being on the hot seat may actually make a difference.

He's been on the hot seat for the last month and a little bit; this wasn't his first game on the hot seat.

hal....

If we were to win the last three......(which I agree is unlikely)

..the players would campaign for Jim C to return,...right?

..I think their wishes would be honored

I'm not that sure that the players would campaign for Caldwell's return. JMO of course.

Susie..they campaigned for Curtis Painter..remember??

I think it's a completely different situation with Caldwell but like I said that's just my opinion and I think what ever is done won't be done until the end of the season. I think Caldwell will be let go.

I am really thinking that they are going to keep caldwell only for the fact that he was able to have a 14-0 season 2 years ago with a team built by another legendary coach. He is just another poor sap in the locker room that feels bad that Peyton went down and couldn't shake it. The way that Bill Polian toots his horn, Caldwell will be with the Colts til the day Caldwell decides to retire. He is probably the most overrated Head Coach in the NFL right now. I hope that some of you others are correct and that they are just waiting till the end of the season just for the continuity. I am thinking that maybe they should bring Jim Tressel in and let him finish the season and see what he can do with the team. He actually wasn't a bad college Head Coach. I mean seriously, what is the worst that could happen? We lose the rest of the games? Its not like we can lose them all now.

I think it's a completely different situation with Caldwell but like I said that's just my opinion and I think what ever is done won't be done until the end of the season. I think Caldwell will be let go.

To players...Caldwell is one of them...like Painter

Nobody thinks he's a bad guy...and he's been with all the vets all these years....not just the last 3

I know how fans feel but I would guess the players most definetly like Jim Caldwell..

....and if (as Hal's post proposes) we win our last 3.....

I would be shocked if he wasnt retained as head coach...

That's just the way the Colts are...with their guys..

Nobody thinks he's a bad guy...and he's been with all the vets all these years....not just the last 3

I know how fans feel but I would guess the players most definetly like Jim Caldwell..

I personally think Irsay will have a big say in all the coaching staff at the end of the season. He also knows that fans are the money for the organization and he wants to make money. This organization is very expensive to run.

And? Alot of player's coaches have gotten fired. That isn't going to keep anyone around if you are not getting the job done. Now the Colts may give him a mulligan for this season just for the fact that Peyton was out the entire year. But I don't think whether or not the players like him will factor much into the final decision one way or the other.

And? Alot of player's coaches have gotten fired. That isn't going to keep anyone around if you are not getting the job done. Now the Colts may give him a mulligan for this season just for the fact that Peyton was out the entire year. But I don't think whether or not the players like him will factor much into the final decision one way or the other.

I see reasons to get a new coach....especially with a different defensive philosphy

But Caldwell is Manning's guy..remember that

What other franchises do isnt what the Colts do...That's what I'm saying.

..and if they win their last 3 (which is the scenario0 what do YOU think will happen.

I see reasons to get a new coach....especially with a different defensive philosphy

But Caldwell is Manning's guy..remember that

What other franchises do isnt what the Colts do...That's what I'm saying.

..and if they win their last 3 (which is the scenario0 what do YOU think will happen.

What makes you think he is Manning's guy? Have you seen some of the looks Peyton has given him lately? I don't read those as Manning's guy at all. JMO of course. Moore was more Manning's guy and he's gone.

What makes you think he is Manning's guy? Have you seen some of the looks Peyton has given him lately? I don't read those as Manning's guy at all. JMO of course. Moore was more Manning's guy and he's gone.

Susie...Caldwell was the QB coach? Under Tony D.

He's a big time passing guru from his college days...

Caldwell is Manning's guy...no doubt//.

Susie..they campaigned for Curtis Painter..remember??

Yeah they did stand up for Painter, but the FO decided to go for Collins instead... Not that I have much hope in the FO doing the right thing, but the Collins/Painter thing disproved they listen to the players just like 14-1...FO made that choice I'm sure that wasn't the players

I agree with you Susie...obviously. Unc...like Sue Q says Tom Moore was more Manning's guy than Caldwell ever was and he was eventually jettisoned. Same could just as easily happen to Caldwell if the front office determines that it wants to go in a new direction. "Manning's guy" will become whoever he feels can put him in the best position to put another ring on his finger.

I am not going to be shocked either way with Caldwell.

I think if you listen to the Colts they want to keep Caldwell and it's clear based on today the players are still playing hard for him so he hasn't lost the team. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him brought back but with major changes made to his coaching staff.

I can see the case for letting him go too though so like I said I am not going to be shocked either way.

I am not going to be shocked either way with Caldwell.

I think if you listen to the Colts they want to keep Caldwell and it's clear based on today the players are still playing hard for him so he hasn't lost the team. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him brought back but with major changes made to his coaching staff.

I can see the case for letting him go too though so like I said I am not going to be shocked either way.

That's what I'm saying....I just know a lot of you are fierce about getting the coach axed and they dont want to hear anything else.....I'm just saying it may not happen//

.....Its my understanding the the Colts didnt fire Tom Moore.....

Look at Lovie Smith in Chicago...stayed through good and bad...

..very Caldwell-like.

Just saying...

That's what I'm saying....I just know a lot of you are fierce about getting the coach axed and they dont want to hear anything else.....I'm just saying it may not happen//

.....Its my understanding the the Colts didnt fire Tom Moore.....

Look at Lovie Smith in Chicago...stayed through good and bad...

..very Caldwell-like.

Just saying...

I've been saying I don't think Caldwell is going to lose his job most of the year, again just based on what the Colts are saying about him. I really think the Colts are looking at this year and going if we had Manning we are probably in the mix of the playoff race and it's not Caldwell's fault we don't have Manning.

Like I said I think there are cases to be made both ways so I wouldn't be shocked with which ever way it goes.